Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,771   Online: 821

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192324252627282930313233 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    And... my cards went in the mail today. At last. If the postal services are as slow as me, it might take a few months for the cards to arrive.
    Of course there was some delay due to the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull, but I'm curious, I've only had one confirmation of my card arriving at its destination.

Has anyone except Laurent received my card? Or is the airmail still stuck at some airport?

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To all on my list - I also apologise. Juggling work and the project I set myself for this round has proven to be an absolute shocker!!
    I'll be sitting out the next round - just too difficult to work around my crazy schedules right now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got Dr Zish's Mc Cormick Creek today. The composition makes the perspective work great, I'd like to see 's around the corner.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kraker, I received your print yesterday. I don't know why, but I really like infrared, and you've done a nice job with the SFX - definitely something I'll have to experiment more with now that my stash of HIE is almost gone.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Time for an update:
    Trotkiller's Lighthouse
    Kraker's IR Landscape
    Mark's Denver snowstorm
    Rob's Mont Blanc
    Wayne's Tomatoes
    Paul's Carousel horse
    Hoffy's Stone Cottage
    Kathy's May snowstorm
    Omu'sPier with snow.
    So far all of the cards from Australia have arrived in pristine shape, remarkable given the distance travelled.
    Thanks everyone!

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hey, signup for round 20 is now open: Click!

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, round 20 is started and I haven't acknowledged all the cards received from 19, so I'll fix that now:

Jake's (Black Dog) seashore picture; nice high key scene, looks hot;
    Polyglot's water picture from Cambodia - great light filtered through the trees;
    Crispin's abandoned farmhouse from Iceland - beautiful, must have been a hard life;
    OMU's pier with snow from Norway; nice tones, looks too cold to fish!;
    Tim Gray's park photo with guy walking in the rain - just like Johnny Ray sang it;
    Mark Rewald's March parking metre in Denver - I like the picture, but it doesn't make me look forward to winter;
    Finally, Rob Skeoch's view of Mont Blanc. This really jumps out at you, perfectly exposed and developed, to my inexpert eye.

So, I've received 16 out of the 20 cards I signed up for. Not sure who's missing and too busy to look right now. However, 80 per cent ain't bad. I mailed one of mine to myself from Vietnam, and it finally arrived, so I trust everyone else's did as well.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So you sent yourself a "Dear John" letter.

I have some cards to comment on, but will do that later in the week, very busy at the moment.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three cards arrived this week along with my birthday card:

Kathy's "Gift Shop of Horrors" -- funny, with a great expression on both the guy and the wolf.

Hoffy's old shed back room -- has a lot of great detail with the crumbling wall and the old farm implements.

Tim Gray's "wintry mix" has a wonderful feeling of not being warm enough for the conditions at hand.

I'm only over 50% cards received, so I haven't commented on your card, it's probably because it has to make a circuitous route to Canada and then Japan. For anyone who hasn't sent their cards yet, send me a pm and I'll let you know my new address.

Cheers.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it was a sad break-up, made all the worse by not being able to let the left hand know what the right hand is up to.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin