Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,522   Posts: 1,572,251   Online: 768

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey just received a card from donminbox, it is a store bought card rather than a film based postcard. Very disappointing. From the message on the card I believe we have a Christian spammer in this exchange. I PM'ed donminbox earlier today regarding the card but have not received a response.

Roger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great start to the round. Got Rachelle's IR postcard. As usual, a real treat to see. I love your IR work.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haven't started yet. Will look through my negs this weekend.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You keeners are making me feel like a slackard. I won't be home from Guyana until Sunday, and leaving on the next Sunday (21st) for Vietnam. I think (hope) I have a great postcard waiting in my camera, if so I'll develop and print that before I leave, the photo gods willing. If not It will have to find another one in my vast storehouse of almost-great pictures. If it has to wait until mid-March I think that's still in the allowed time, and won't be flagellated with a wet noodle for being late?
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    10 Feb 2010

I also received a store bought card from donmimbox with a similar sounding message that rtbadman mentioned. I was equally disappointed.

On the other hand, The card from mooseontheloose is a beautiful IR photo. I really love the ethereal nature of this print. Very well done. At first look I thought it might be a photo from a memorial on the Stanford University campus. I guess there are thousands of this style memorial around the world.

Regards,
    Darwin

P.S. I hope to get into the darkroom to print next week. I have a neg selected, just need time to print.
    Last edited by drpsilver; 02-10-2010 at 11:43 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added comment about timing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Gurkenprinz postcard of the two nuns day before yesterday. Nice.

A little request/tip: Please write which round the postcard is in, it makes it easier to follow .

Best regards

Birger A.

Shooter
    35mm
    Alright, Birger, thanks for the tip! It is my first such exchange, after all...

Also, I am glad you like my card :-)

Greetings from Vienna,
    Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just got Rachelle's IR postcard. Beautiful work. I love the light, the spirit and a lot of details on this building. As an icing on the top, it gave me the chance to feel between my fingers, a totally new paper for me. The card is in front of me at the office for the day, (all my co-workers are looking at it). Tonight I will put it on my newly prepared "Postcard Exchange Wall of Celebrities". Best Regards.
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Also received Rachelle's card yesterday. Most excellent.
    -brian hayden
    http://fed-2.org

Shooter
    35mm
    finished printing yesterday and they are ready now. i will mail them next monday.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin