Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,210   Online: 1060

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I received Mick Fagans postcard yesterday. Very very nice.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just FYI, I am going to try and get postcards out in the next week. However, it may be Spring Break before I can get them printed and sent. (6 March if you are curious)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomem View Post
    Just FYI, I am going to try and get postcards out in the next week. However, it may be Spring Break before I can get them printed and sent. (6 March if you are curious)
    Just a reminder, folks.

The schedule for this round sets aside February and March for printing and sending out cards - you still have time!!!

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    mine were mailed today. hope they get there soon!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Got Rachelle's card the other day. Wonderful photo and wonderful print. Also got the pre-printed one from Don...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What Tim said! Received Rachelle's very nice IR print, a beauty as always. And I got the pre-printed one as well.

Haven't decided on what to print myself; maybe the shot still has to be taken, even. Oh well, there's still time!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got Mick Fagan's absolutely gorgeous card today in the box. Wondeful composition, beautiful tones, great print (Mick : what's the negative format ? it can't be a 4x5 contact, may be a crop from a panoramic ?)

I also got the pre-printed card, not well suited for this exchange (I won't comment the message, but I appreciate the intent anyway).

P.S. (and Edit) I got curious and went to dominbox's blog. I found a scan of at least one APUG card, the blog says somewhere that if you do not wish to have your card posted on the blog, you should write "no post" on the back of the card you sent. This may not hurt, but does not seem fair since this is not related to APUG and was not published here. (On the other hand, I really appreciate the part of the "Mission" about having people turning cell phones and other invaders off !! )
    Last edited by Laurent; 02-16-2010 at 04:56 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added the PS
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many thanks to all for your kind comments about my card.

Laurent, it is a very small enlargement of a 4x5" negative, enough to give it the cropping required for the panoramic view I envisaged when I first saw these wheat silos.

I nearly didn't take the picture as it was extremely hot, low 40º's C and an absolute gale of a hot super dry northerly blowing from the centre of the continent.

I'll hopefully be printing a near identical cropped print on 12x16" paper on the weekend, test strips show terrific detail and tonality.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    I nearly didn't take the picture as it was extremely hot, low 40º's C and an absolute gale of a hot super dry northerly blowing from the centre of the continent.
    I'm glad you did take it ! Thanks for the details Mick !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Laurent -- thanks for the heads-up. I've emailed him asking him to remove my postcard immediately.

In all honesty, I don't know if I will do any more of these exchanges. I'm still missing nearly a quarter of the postcards from the last exchange with no comments from most of the people who are late as to when (or if) we might expect the cards, and then we have people like donminbox signing up for this exchange for his own gain with no intention of honoring it in the manner that we expect.

Last edited by mooseontheloose; 02-16-2010 at 09:38 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: I need to cool off before I write what I really think
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin