Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,104   Online: 844

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have to admit I had a "what the hell" moment when I got the pre-printed postcard. Guess who will be getting a gift shop card? Don't quit on us Rachelle, I really love the work you do. I also got your card on Saturday. I am just starting out with infrared and hope to get some effects like you did. Any tips?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Rachelle, I know what you mean, for the last round I'm 41 out of 50 so I'm doing a bit better. Round 18 was the first round that I printed out the address list and checked off the cards as they arrived. I'm probably better off if I don't keep track. After looking at the cards I have received in round 18, I'm am still very happy that I participated, there are some really fantastic cards.

As far as the store bought card, that is the first one that I have received after doing about 6 exchanges.I pm'ed donminbox about the card and he said that it was send by mistake. dominbox has assured me that he will send a proper card right away. Still waiting and will certainly post if I receive the card.

Finally I will make every effort to get my cards out on time, I was one of the delinquent participants in round 18.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The only cards I count are the ones I send out...that way I'm never disappointed. :-) By the way I would hope that if anyone missed receiving my card they would PM me because I always have plenty of spares.

So far this round I've received cards from Rachelle and Christian. "Two Happy Nuns" is just fantastic. Great expressions, perfect timing and well composed. Rachelle's statue is well, wow. What else can I say? The subject is incredible and the HIE film is perfect for that subject. Glow-y and dramatic. I like it. (makes me want to go there!)

Kathy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A cracking start to this round, Christian's happy nuns, Mick Fagan's cinematic wheat silos, Rachelle's beautiful IR statue and today, Jostie's enchanted woods, the lighting and depth of field really make it look enchanted.

Crispin

(as with others, if anyone has not received a card from me they were expecting send me a PM and I'll pop another in the post, the amount of cards that circulate in these exchanges, and the state of the UK's postal service, mean there's probably a good chance the odd cards aren't going to make it.)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Same here, for this and previous rounds. If you don't receive a card from me, let me know and I'll send another. I print extras and even if those ran out I could print more. Card do get lost, I always send a card to my self and have even had one of those get lost.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just did four miles on the treadmill...I'm feeling better now, although I think four miles of thrashing through the bush (moose-style) would have been better.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I do love the exchange, I get a lot out of it, and I don't know why things like this get me all fired up. In any event, I think I should do what some of you do, and not check off the cards I get for each round. Would make things easier I think.

Cheers.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's what I do. I sent out 15 last round, and got 8. I didn't complain because the ones I got were so outstanding.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just received Mick Fagan's card. Outstanding. I just got mine in the mail. I once again printed on 4x5 instead of using the postcards (except for a few). I really am not happy with the curl on the lighter paper and will switch back to the postcard paper for the next round. As others have said If you haven't received any of my postcards from previous rounds (or don't receive this one) let me know. It is so much fun getting photos from all round the world. This exchange is addicting!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lorirfrommontana View Post
    As others have said If you haven't received any of my postcards from previous rounds (or don't receive this one) let me know.
    Lori, does that include rounds that I did not participate in?

Roger
    Last edited by Roger Thoms; 02-16-2010 at 06:56 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: missed a word

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin