Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,221   Online: 666

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello all,

Last Monday (June 28th) I received Mick Fagan postcard. WOW I love the light on that one. It is an unusual angle but it works, that is the point. It made me realize a stupid thing, I never saw that my postcard paper was available in a glossy finish. I ordered a box right away.

I finished to exposed 50 something mines over the last night, will process them this week and should be in the mail next weekend.
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    In my previous post, when I used the word "stupid", it had nothing to do with Mick`s genius work... I mean that I am stupid to not have seen the glossy version of that paper before. That is what happen when you communicate in a language that is not yours. Hope it is ok with you Mick.

Ok here is mi biggest batch I think, picked up at the post office 45 minutes ago:

drpsilver: A nice print of what nature can do. Tones are great, at some point you can`t figure out if it is the grain in the film or the texture of the rocks. Nice work.

sage: A front porch that has everything, from pure white to the deepest black. Looking at the bench I can imagine how the life was going some years ago. Is it a bird cage under the bench ? Good work, nicely print.

Fleath: Your image was very exciting for me, since I think about trying night photography since a while. I am very impressed by the clarity and the details, even with low light. I will give a particular place to your card on my "Wall of fame".

BoxBrownie: It remembers me why I like fomapan so much. Would like to have beer there. The tones are amazing even with the light that look pretty bright. I really like it.

gurkenprinz: Even if it was at 6:00am I suspect that food to be very spicy :-) Could you reprint it in "scratch and smell" format ? Serioulsy, it makes me want to take my backpack and leave for the other end of the globe. You can feel the movement of his hand. Nice shot !!!

Thanks all. You made my mind travelled at all the corners of the Earth, in just few minutes.
    Last edited by Patrick Latour; 07-02-2010 at 06:42 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received drpsilver's Tafoni, Cambria. Black and white makes this very abstract, it took me some time to figure out what is shown. The print is great, I love it !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received drpsilver's Tafoni, Cambria. Black and white makes this very abstract, it took me some time to figure out what is shown. The print is great, I love it !

My sentiments exactly! For some reason, the formations of the rocks reminds me of an angel with outspread wings. Thanks Darwin!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Patrick, I understood perfectly what you meant and was referring to, not a problem!

Gurkenprinz sent a very intriguing print on old Ilford flat matte paper, which was interesting enough. The motion evident in the scene is very nice, as is the fact that you took this at 0600hrs, dedication or hunger?

Paul C 5x4 sent in a remarkably nice print of the Weybourne signal box. My grandfather was a locomotive driver on steam trains and I used to be inside the local signal box if it was raining whilst awaiting him to take me home, many memories.

Sage, looks like a bird cage or a food safe, (that is something that keeps insects off food) under the seat. Love the flywire door.

Aluk's Chateau Frontenac, never heard of it before, looks imposing from the angle it has been taken from.

Box Brownie, doesn't half look like a fifties pub in inner Melbourne, especially the Richmond, Collingwood, Abbotsford areas. Interesting lamp post.

HWV, I'm not really sure what you have given to me, but it's interesting, especially when viewed diagonally.

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm
    @Mick: I admit it was only hunger. After 15 hours on an Indian sleeper train, dedication to anything is a only a very theoretical concept...

I also received drpsilver's card, thanks for this wonderful detail in a grainy (love it!) and well printed photo!

regards, gurkenprinz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've received three more cards since the one from Mick:

Fleath, Chantal at the tram stop. Great picture. Available light, scene of daily life (or weekly life? Looking at your photo I picture the scene of taking the tram home after an evening of going out, having a drink, and another...). Coincidence: I've also printed on Agfa Brovira this round. You have managed to flatten the paper well... My prints will spend the next week under a stack of books, in the hope to get them more or less flattened...

BoxBrownie, Heart and Hand pub. Nice tonal range and details. I like it.

drpsilver, power of water and wind. Still not sure which way is up, but it looks good in any orientation.

My two different themes are all printed, the second batch just needs some time to flatten before writing, addressing and sending.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Four more cards in the last week:

A charming porch from sage.
    A interesting riddle from hwv: which way is up?
    Crunchy rocks from drpsilver.
    I love the tones and backlighting in gurkenprinz's Indian fast food.

Thanks to all!

Pete H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    50 in the mail on Friday (printed them Tuesday night, took them to the cottage Thursday, completed them Thursday night and Friday morning, drove to Silton - the nearest town to my cottage that has a post office - and mailed them Friday noon). The Canadians should see theirs this week; the Americans and internationals, a few days after that.

I've got about ten so far - some very impressive ones. I hope you consider my work to be commensurate.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Received a nice card from Nige of an old hunt in Australia. I really like the tone on this print, what developer did you use?

Roger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin