Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,410   Online: 1107

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    All cards in the mail. I have received 3 so far, all excellent work.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've received 4 so far: Rachelle's nicely done Rakan which makes me think of a happy, contented alien. Mick's lovely high-key breaking-the-rules portrait of the young lady; Steve Brown's (BoxBrownie) nicely toned and composed pub picture - looks like a nice place for a pint or two; and Fleath's nicely composed and exposed night scene of Chantal at the bus stop.
    Mine should go out tomorrow.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I’ve previously commented on five cards. Since then, cards from 2 more APUGers have come in:

sly - “Colliery Dam Footbridge” - a gorgeous tea-toned cyanotype
    drpsilver - “Tafoni, Cambria” - wonderful textures and shapes, remarkably similar to the shores of Gabriola Island (a place that sly and I know well) - isn’t it a wonderfully small world

7 down, 21 to go

Thanks to everyone for participating.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rtbadman View Post
    what developer did you use?

Roger
    Hi Roger,

It was Agfa Neutol NE of unknown vintage.

Cheers, Nige

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received sly's beautiful Cyanotype today ! This is the first cyanotype I ever see, and this is lovely. The subject is intriguing, I love it !

Thanks sly !!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Matt and Laurent, glad you like it. I'm not surprised it made it to Delta - that's just a ferry ride away, but can't believe one got to France already! That one had wings!

hwv
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received one last week and one today:

drpsilver: wonderful grays in this photo of stones which are looking like sponges
    sly: great picture of a footbridge, beautiful artistic print. I love it!

For those of you who are still guessing what's on my photo and what site is up:
    Laurent has already unraveled the mystery http://www.apug.org/forums/1020213-post75.html.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    can't believe one got to France already! That one had wings!
    ...and Germany (see previous post) and The Netherlands! They all have wings!

Received yours today, a beautiful cyanotype. Thanks, sly!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...and now Japan as well! Thanks for the cyanotype Lillian -- you've got a real nice colour with the tea toning, something I have yet to do successfully with my own cyanotypes.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    i finally posted my 20 cards last thursday and so far i have received 4 very nice prints from DRP,Mick,Rachelle and Fleath.
    as Mick did. i also printed mine in glossy ilford rc paper.i hope they reach their destination in as good shape as mick's did...!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin