Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,369   Online: 975

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ok, time for an update:

Pete H: Opera house, the angle is interesting, after few seconds, if it was not of the peoples, you would not be sure if the picture is upside down or upright.

kraker: Infrared, always a pleasure to see, love the surrealism of the ambiance. The paper is also a great addition to this image.

Rob / Hannah: I look at the picture, then I look at my 50 something cards ready to be mailed, and I put them in the trash bin. I was not proud of my prints, and was thinking about doing a reprint for the last days, they look so bad compared to all the ones I received and your card helped me to take my final decision. It is so sharp and tones are fabulous, it is the kind of image I like. She did a great job on it...

Back to the darkroom now...
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lots to comment on

Anikin's very amusing Napoleon chess set. I'm always impressed by people who print in colour - I can't even get B&W right. I must admit that my mental picture of Josephine is not quite the same as the figure in the chess set

It's great to get alt process prints in the exchange. Sly's Colliery Dam footbridge is the first tea-toned cyanotype I've seen. The brush marks, paper texture, and torn edges all work together with the toning so I'm expecting to see someone in Victorian clothes appear at the end of the bridge. Thanks for the hard work, Lillian!

PhotoJim's farm building. The thin upper clouds and the grass form a nice spiral which takes the eye into the middle where it looks as if the tree is supporting the building.

Kraker's Lily pond. The tonality is just so beautiful combined with the IR effect. We're honoured to get your Brovira, Jacco!

Another John from JohnnyWalker. Perfectly exposed and printed to show the shadow details at the same time as every detail of his face.

Laurent's frosted wood and grass. I like the contrast between the made-man straight lines and the natural curves.

LikeMarlonBrando's carriage driver. The carriage behind frames the driver and horse's head nicely.

Kevin Kehler's old door. Are there so many derelict farm buildings in Canada? PhotoJim gave us the overall view, and now Kevin goes in close for the detail. As others have said, the texture is really special.

Labcoat - you managed to get in very close but the birds don't seem too bothered. It makes a nice family scene.

Rob Skeoch and Hannah: The direct look, centred subject and angle of view seem to convey a lot about the worker, and the building and steps give it a strong composition. Excellent!

Thanks to everyone.

Pete

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Patrick and Pete, thanks for your comments. Good to know that my cards have started to arrive at their destinations.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One more today

Rob Skeoch (Hannah) - I recognised your print from the last exchange I was in, round #17. Not the same photograph mind you, but the same style. Maybe it's the "Zeiss look" but yours is always one of the favorites when I show people my postcards. I read the back and was surprised to see it was taken by your daughter, the style is quite similar. Or I'm just not too good at recognising style.
    A lovely photograph, and the wider angle lens really works for this. Great angle and fantastic tones, especially in his jeans. A lot of individual elements that tie it all together, I like the symbol on the hat. Fantastic shot and masterfully printed - what more can you ask for. I imagine it'll be a favorite of this round as well.
    Last edited by Alex Bishop-Thorpe; 07-22-2010 at 06:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You guys are too kind.
    -Rob Skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards this week -- Hoffy's close-up of cut-logs really emphasizes the texture and grain of the bark, and Rob Skeoch's/Hannah's postcard of the Haitian worker is a great example of environmental portraiture that I would like to be able execute half as well.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

hwv
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I Have received two more postcards during the last two weeks:
    Rob's photo taken by his daughter. I's great that she is working as an aid worker, and it's also great that she is taking photographs on traditional film.
    Pete's Pinhole from Norway. Nice pinhole. While watching it, I have a good mind to take a picture with my capuccino cam again.
    Until now, I've received 10. I'm looking forward for those still on their way.

Btw, here is a little "making of" video of my postcard.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/video.php...on-squared-mov

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OUCH!! Just received Slumry's card.At first look a pain shoot threw both my upper and lower gum line.You aren't a Dentist are you Stephen ,this card is shockingly cool .Going to show it to my Dentist.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I finally got all the film developed, picked out the image for the exchange and printed it last night. The cards are drying and will be ready to mail starting tomorrow.

Just like last round, I will be sending a typical Iowa image.

Allen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I’ve previously commented on nine cards. Since then, cards from 2 more APUGers have come in:

Rob Skeoch/Hannah
    - “Haitian Worker” - excellent and intriguing - like father, like daughter
    Pete H. - “Norwegian APUG Gathering” - I too really like rocks!

11 down, 17 to go

Thanks to everyone for participating.

PS - mine are printed, spotted and labelled, and the cards addressed to Canadian APUGers are in the mail. The rest will follow shortly.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin