Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,656   Online: 804

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718192021222327 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    WooHoo! Got my cards printed last night. Just need to spot of few of them, get them labeled and will send on Friday (payday!). Sorry I'm so late this round.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I finally sent out my last batch of cards on Saturday. I made four batches from different negatives - I just couldn't deceide on a single phicture.

So far I have received ten really neat cards. This round I'm actually going to write comments, but I'll put those in my next post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    just sitting here looking at Steve Browns postcard and thought... wonder if the googlecar had been past...

link

although for some reason when clicking on that you get a very low res pic... google "upper gardiner street, brighton, uk" and zoom right in to streetview
    Last edited by Nige; 07-29-2010 at 12:56 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I’ve previously commented on eleven cards. Since then, cards from 2 more APUGers have come in:

slumry - “Unwise #7, a self portrait” - ouch!
    MattKing - “Fender (or is it Drop Earing)” - seems to have survived the postal service without injury

12 down (plus my own), 16 to go

Thanks to everyone for participating.

PS - I've now mailed the rest of my cards - the USA and international ones - all from a post office in the USA
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My cards are finally ready for the post office. Thanks to everyone I've received cards from so far...they've all been pretty fantastic. :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So glad APUG is back and we can get back to business!

Two cards arrived in the past week:

slumry's "Unwise #7, a self portrait" -- kind of creepy, but well-done, and I'm sure there's an interesting story behind it!

Black Dog's "All Informed Moment" -- a nicely captured casual moment.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Now it's time to ask Laurent...

Some see frozen weed, some (I) see water, frozen in time by the photographer. Did you send two different cards, or can you enlighten us what it really is are looking at?
    Sorry for the long delay (and may be for other questions later in the thread) I've been away with no connection for 3 weeks and then there were APUG updates...

As you guessed, I sent two different cards : one is a frozen catway on a pond, with frozen weeds poking through. The other one is a ship lock with some water leaking between the doors, and a long exposure to keep the water fuzzy...

Thanks all for you nice comments, I'll comment later on the 12 cards received while I was away !

Cheers
    Laurent
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to those who created the wonderful cards that I have received so far; lots of inspiring stuff.
    Mine went out on Monday.

Cheers,
    ignatiu5

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've been a slacker this round. However 60 cards were printed on Sunday and as soon as I get them labeled and can get to the PO, I'll send them out. I've received a lot of great postcards this round. This might be one of my favorite rounds so far - a lot of variety in the subject matter, printing technique, format, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I think I have a world first!

The last week I received a card from likemarlonbrando, fine, looked good, felt funny, put it on the pile as I have been super busy with work and other things.

Well it turns out that there were two prints stuck together, not really stuck together, the edges on two diametrically opposed corners were slightly bent up, which held the two cards together, all the way from the USA to Australia.

So I have two prints of the same thing.

My print was underneath, so my address was the one the postal people and machines saw, it was also the one with the postage mark from the USA system stamped onto the card and postage stamp.

Quite incredible!

I now intend to purchase an Australian postage stamp, place it alongside the USA postage stamp (which is unmarked) and send it to France.

So the person who lives in Chateauneuf Sur Loire, France is going to have a quite special postcard.

Mick.

Ps:- The card has a horse and cart/taxi and presumably the driver standing alongside on it. Quite a nice scene.

PPs:- I know your printing is good as both prints are identical in every aspect.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin