Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,165   Online: 1018

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1418192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry it has been a while since I last posted, but as I got a burst of cards arrive nothing like the present to get out a reminder for myself, as I am still trying to catch up with everyones comments since then. I have rec'd 8 since my post when I had rec'd 4.

Rec'd from;
    Mick Fagan: 'Nancy'
    Fleath: 'Chantal at the tram stop'
    BoxBrownie: 'The Heart & Hand Pub'
    Drpsilver: 'Tafoni, Cambria'

Slumry: 'Unwise #7, a self portrait'
    Allen Friday: 'Grand Canyon'
    Laurent: 'Deck and grass covered in ice crystals'
    Markrewald: 'Dever Civic Centre Park'
    Kwhitmore: 'Old Friends'
    Black Dog: 'An Informal Moment'
    Stephen Frizza: 'Masonic Window Sydney City'
    lorifrommontana: 'Near Bozeman'

Will sit down before Sunday and comment on all and review the comments made on my son. For those who asked he did not catch anything .
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hey, I just opened up the signup for round 21 of the postcard exchange: Click!

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it's officially the last day of the exchange (at least here in Japan) and I was very happy to see an infrared image finally appear in my mailbox. I was beginning to despair as it seemed that all the infrared cards were being sent by people not on my list. Serves me right for not sending an IR card this round!

Anyway, thanks to Tim Gray for his HIE shot of Sutton Dam. I think the clouds and the sidewalk make a nice mirror image of each other and I like the way the highlights within the image just pop. I love HIE too and don't know what I'll do once I'm finished my final rolls.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have received a few more cards since my last comment:

Allen Friday, what a picturesque view of the Grand Canyon. I've seen it twice, but only from the top. When you look at it from the rim, it's just too big to comprehend - like a wallpaper, no feeling of scale whatsoever. Your card just made it alive! You made me want to go back again and this time I will hike down to the river! It looks so beautiful!

Crispin, that's really a blast from the past. You've skillfully matched qualities of Minox and the subject. Without the grain the picture just would not be the same.

lorifrommontana, thank you for your personal message on the postcard. I'd say, try color. It's not as hard as they make it sound. The only difficulty is knowing when to stop trying to improve the print. It might be hard for a perfectionist. Anyway, I love your postcard of snowbanks. I'm from Siberia originally, and living in Oregon, I just miss snow too much. Your picture brings back memories of the spring.

BlackDog "early light". Now, that's real philosophy. I think there are two kinds of pictures. There is one kind that you take a quick glance and you know what's it is all about, and there is a second kind where you need to read a description and only then you can understand the story and intent of the author. Yours is the second kind. It's an abstract painting of photography. It shows the mood, the stillness and the lightness of the morning. Very beautiful and very different. Thank you!

Tim Gray The Sutton Dam. Wow, just perfect. I want to try IR one day. I'm just worried that I might get addicted. I swear, I've never seen a bad IR photo. Tell me, how hard is it to get exposure right? I'm really worried I'll just waste a lot of expensive film if I try IR.

Shooter
    35mm
    Got a bunch of awesome cards, the latest being an ilfochrome from steve, awesome work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just wanted to thank everyone again for sending me cards. I feel bad I have not sent a batch out yet. We're in-between houses and the darkroom is currently out of action. When the time is right I plan to send out a truckload to make up for it I've also been covering an entire wall of my office with the cards..

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Stephen and glad you liked it- IIRC I sent you Luss Hills 3 which I took in the Southern Scottish Highlands near Loch Lomond. I guess it was originally built to mark a boundary or keep sheep from straying-just loved the nystery of it really. Rachelle-sounds like an interesting trip and glad you made it back safely!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just received 4 more post cards!!

TIM GRAY - WOW perfect use of HIE that dam is awesome. I too will miss this film when my stocks are gone.

KWHITEMORE - Those chairs look great, nicely composed and beautifully printed. Does this shop make nice milkshakes?

MARK REWALD - Great shot. The composition is strong and the lighting great. I like how you have printed this.

WAYNE FREDERICK - Cool story with your photograph the wooden remains remind me of bones.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stephen, I received your beautiful print twice! I'm not sure exactly how that happened, but I'm very happy to have some real ilfochrome prints in hand -- great subject, beautiful colours.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I’ve previously commented on 17 cards received from other APUGers. Since then, cards from 3 more APUGers have come in:

lorifrommaontana - “Snow Scene near Bozeman” - I look at the card, and can feel the cold!
    drpsilver - “... Falls” - a really nice waterfall scene printed really well. Somewhat mysteriously, the post office decided to beat this one up. It is scraped, and the top corner looks like someone decided to see how good it tastes. The card stands up well though to the mistreatment. I did, however, have to guess at the beginning of the title (it was on that part of the card that suffered from the “bite”). Thanks as well for the nice note
    Stephen Frizza - "Masonic Window Sydney City" - Stephen (or is it Steven? ), it has been a long time since I’ve had a chance to hold and admire an Ilfochrome up close. In fact, the last time, it was most likely called a Cibachrome. You picked an ideal subject for Ilfochrome, and printed it beautifully

20 down, 8 to go!

Thanks to everyone for participating.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin