Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,843   Online: 886

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1620212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aron, I just noticed that you are not on my list! That makes the extra card a nice surprise. Thanks.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    09 Sept 2010

Received a card from Aron. I like how the image is supported by the quote on the card. The symmetrical composition make for even a stronger "prison". It is indeed a mysterious image. Unfortunately the US Postal Service "did a job" on your card. I arrived creased in 3 places and ripped on the right side. I am impressed that a single weight paper survived a journey through the postal system so well. (Note: It looks like this paper has fogged. The boarders show tone.)

Thanks for a thoughtful card.

Regards,
    Darwin

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Stephen Frizza's card arrived today, magnificent! Makes me wish I could have that kind of processing in my little darkroom as the colour and detail is phenomenal.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Kehler View Post
    Stephen Frizza's card arrived today, magnificent! Makes me wish I could have that kind of processing in my little darkroom as the colour and detail is phenomenal.
    You can! Ilfochrome really isn't a hard process! Give it a go and help keep it alive!
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to everyone who sent me cards this round. Sorry I haven't had time to comment on them individually, suffice to say that everyone one of them is much appreciated.
    Thanks also for the kind comments on my card. I'd wanted to use this image for a while but had lost the negs (easily done with Minox negs ). Anyway I came across the negs while having a clear out. A couple of you have commented on the soft border, this was slightly serendipitous as I initially tried printing it 'full bleed' but the 6x4 postcard ratio meant that too much of the top and bottom of the 8x11 neg got chopped off and it lost too much detail and looked cramped. When I was re-focussing the enlarger with the smaller full frame image I realised that the soft borders gave it more of a 'time tunnel' look so I did away with a masking easel.

Crispin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm catching up on 3 weeks of travelling, and some great cards when I got home.
    In no particular order, thanks to

Stephen Frizza: glowing colours, and beautifully presented. Being used to old European cathedrals, I find it quite strange to see modern, secular dress in a stained glass window. It's always good to have one's preconceptions challenged!
    KWhitmore: I like the curve of the hillside and shadows leading up to the sculpture. Thanks for the comment too, Katherine.
    Mark Rewald: There's always a comparison between the structure and simplicity of man-made objects and the complexity of nature, like the water flow and foam here.
    Lorifrommontana: That feels cold! I hope the move goes well.
    Wayne Frederick: Some rich textures. It's very peaceful, and you can only imagine what it looked like at the time ...
    djhopscotch: Wow, what a place. The IR really works here.
    Tim Gray: Shame that HIE is gone, but you're lucky (or well-organised!) to have a stash. Is it a double dam? - looks as if you're standing on one dam and shooting another.
    Valerie: You can't beat contact prints for detail and tonality. It's amazing how quickly nature takes over old buildings.
    Aron: The bars are preventing me from escaping up to the light. Very well done, and I also like the paper.

Thanks all!

Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received Aron's "The mind is kept in it's own prison..." last week, and as some already said, I'm impressed by the very good condition of the card when it arrived, especially considering the rather large format for a post card, and the thin paper... The bars in the foreground make the atmosphere almost oppressive, I really like the image !

I too like the aspect of the paper.

Thanks Aron !

Laurent
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, back in Bangkok to find a postcard from Mark Rewald waiting for me!

Shooter
    35mm RF

My cards are drying on the rack, should be in the mail by this weekend. Till then, sorry for the delay.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I Just Received a postcard from Gordrob moving that church back in 1922 must have been quite an engineering feat. cool story and nice post card. how big was the town when it was in full operation do you know?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin