Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,950   Online: 821

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got mine from Rachelle (mooseontheloose) just this morning - that's some dang fast mail on Japan's part. I dig the little photographer-guy, and really like how you've printed it. Very nice quiet borders. It's stuck on my whiteboard.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Alex.

I really liked the entire shrine area -- there's nearly a thousand statues, all carved by amateurs, ranging from surfer dudes to sax players, to a couple of guys sharing a bottle of sake. Unfortunately when I arrived there it was already getting on the afternoon, and being a shaded area full of trees and moss, I didn't have much light to play with, but I'm really happy with the photos I got. Hopefully I'll be able to go there again whenever I get a chance to make it back to Kyoto. The monk who runs the place also makes his own music (very zen) and sells it at the front gate. A bit of a hippie kind of place overall.

That being said, I almost stepped on the biggest snake I had ever seen in my life (at least five feet long) hanging out amongst the statues. It did not hang around for pictures (and neither did I after that!).
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mick, Yours titled 'Nancy' arrived today and it is my first. I hope mine is up to your level.

I have to wait until I get back from OS (12th July) before I will be able to get stuck into printing my cards for every one. Who kows the image I have selected for the cards might change after this trip to Michigan.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy, that postcard is on old one I did a few exchanges ago. Some of the Australian people in this exchange are also in the Australian print exchange.

The Australian print exchange people on my list are getting an 8x10 version of the round 20 postcard exchange, but an earlier postcard exchange print left over. Couldn't have you lot getting two from the same negative, then bagging me

Mick.
    Last edited by Mick Fagan; 06-16-2010 at 07:02 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Additional information.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine got dropped in the mail today, so 20 cards are on their way to various parts of the globe!
    Wonder if Thailand Post will be as efficient as Rachelle's Japan Post?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's hard to see these nice comments float around, and realise that I am not in on this round. It is the first round I have sat out since way back in R11

I have printed a set of images in the past month, with an aim to include them in the next round I enter with my multiple batches of images. I did feel better sending out a set of three at once last round, and this is the resulting image hang over, if you will.

By the time next round comes up should have a summer vacations worth of new negatives to draw from.

This past month I have been busy with a training course running 8-5 every saturday, in addition to working the regular hours monday to friday, combined with a flurry of birthday parties to ferry my two kids to. The weeks running up to school finishing for the summer here always brings a rush of these socal events for those who have a birthday that falls over the school break.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike are you a Marathon runner,9hrs in one day is way a lot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, not running, literally. Actually a course in preparation for writing my Project Management Professional exam. Lots to read every week, and a good 9 hour session of your mind being very engaged in interacting with the instructor and other class participants. It is like I would imagine a grad school seminar to be like. Everyone has something useful to contribute, has experience in the field, and all want to be there and do well. So different than some of my long ago undergrad classes.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    The cards for the Canadians, Australians, and Americans on my list went out yesterday, but then I ran out of stamps... Postcards for the rest of the world will go out either later today or (more likely) on Monday.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    This time I will not loose track, so I have three cards to report:

mike c Wonderful tones, superb.
    Mick Fagan I like it Mick, great high key.
    Dave Martiny Nice street scene. Good.

And I have to report about one postcard my daughter received so far:

mooseontheloose The Zen Photographer - she likes it very much and I like it too. I hoped to find the same in the mailbox addressed to me ... but there was none.

I hope to be in the darkroom printing postcards next week. I already settled on a negative. So the hardest part is done

Cheers
    Ruediger

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin