Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,653   Online: 803

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    mooseontheloose The Zen Photographer - she likes it very much and I like it too. I hoped to find the same in the mailbox addressed to me ... but there was none.

Ruediger,

That's very strange, as I mailed all the cards at the same time. Hopefully it shows up sooner rather than later -- please let me know!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike Fagan's card ,like the way the back ground light warps around the neck and face,was there a fill light for the eyes? really nice photo of a beautiful face.
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Mick Fagan -- Your card has motivated me to try some high key portraits.

Rachelle -- The tight crop and great tonality add qualities of a great photograph to the already visually appealing statue.

Thanks and regards,

Dave

hwv
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

First Postcard

This is my first participation in postcard exchange. Got my first card yesterday from Mick Fagan. A very nice picture of a beautiful model, taken from an unusual angle of view. Nearly symmetrical. I like it very much.
    So, the farthest away (16527.725 km), the first received.

I'm looking forward for the next ones.

So far, I've just cut 4 sheets of paper into 32 postcards. Tomorrow I will print the picture I've chosen.

hwv

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, looks I'm a bit late in commenting the cards received so far...

Here they are :
    Dave Martiny's street sweeper : wonderful subject, great composition, nicely printed... I love it ! (My wife's first word after seeing it was : Waow !)

Mike C's Clamming at Sunset : the back lighting and sunset make it almost abstract, but I can feel the mood ! I love these moments on the deserted beach !

Paul C's Weybourne signal box : the card has been a bit marred in the transport, but the image is untouched and it adds to it IMO. Great details and composition, it's a very good document about this place !

Thanks to you three !!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also have received Rachelle's card, quite a nice little carving there, very nice presentation and the cropping (if any) suits the subject well.

HWV, if my card was the first you have received in a postcard exchange, then look out for the rest. Yes I suppose Aachen is about that distance from my front door.

For those wishing to know, the model was sitting on her dining table, there was a 500W Photoflood on the back wall, there were two 250W Photoflood lights either side of her, positioned about 10º in front and equidistant, there was no catchlight for the eyes.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got Mick's this morning, just a lovely portrait and very nicely printed. It's proudly stuck with a magnet next to Rachelle's zen photographer on my whiteboard...
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the exchange has started off with a bang -- my first day and I get three cards! Mick Fagan's lovely high key portrait, Mike Clark's "clamming at sunset", and Dave Martiny's "street sweeper". I like the angle of view in Mick's portrait, the silouettes in Mike's image, and the repeating lines in Dave's photo. For some reason they work well when grouped together -- all these pictures of people, none of whom are looking at the camera, but all of whom provide an interesting subject. Thanks guys.

And just a note to the comments about my card -- there's very little cropping (a little, to get rid of distracting plants around the frame) and just a slight enlargement to make it larger than a contact print. The statues were very close together -- between 10-20 in a row, all side by side, with maybe a foot and a half of space between rows. It was very awkward to get in there and get a good field of view without getting other statues in the picture, or being too close too subject and thus out of focus. Luckily the photographer was in a place with good light, so that helped.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got my second card for the round from Fleath; ah yes public transport in Adelaide - remember it well.
    Great feel - Morphett Street Bridge?? And on my favourite paper also - missing the darkroom terribly here in BKK.

Looking forward to more greeting me from the mailbox - as does my partner here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received Mick Fagan's portrait. The perspective is unusual, and works great with the symetry... I also like the grain (or is it the skin's grain ?) the lighting.... verything ! Thanks Mick !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin