Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,947   Posts: 1,557,852   Online: 794

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxBrownie View Post
    Phew! Printed all mine yesterday - 54 of them and a bit of a photographic boot camp - in fact a crash course in printing as I only got my enlarger a few weeks ago and this is only the second negative I've printed!
    For a second print, you have done a mighty fine job - I don't recall my early prints to be anywhere near as good and I have to work at getting decent ones now. Doesn't help that I've been using boxes of vintage papers that are older than some of us here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Rachelle - I was happy with the shot too (after burning 4 rolls to the client's specs.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    For a second print, you have done a mighty fine job - I don't recall my early prints to be anywhere near as good and I have to work at getting decent ones now. Doesn't help that I've been using boxes of vintage papers that are older than some of us here.
    Ta very much. I did lose about a dozen prints though due to fingerprints and general messiness (didn't realise you can't really touch the surface as you put them under the enlarger). After so many losses, I stopped and got a lot more methodical about it. I think it'll be a little while before a dare to move on to fibre prints.

Shooter
    35mm
    Fleath, a very nice night photo, great tonality for such a push. Can you tell us your development time?

Avi, excellent urban landscape/architecture image. Do you print borderless or simply trim your borders off?

Regards,

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ok, this morning I had 5 surprises in my mailbox. 5 Beautiful surprises I would say:

aluk: Château Frontenac, curiously, even if it is just at 2 hours from my home, I never saw this hotel that way. A pin sharp photo, not a lot of details in the sky, but in this situation, it works well for me. Good work !!!

mike c: Clamming at sunset, what a picture. I always like that kind of silhouette, I love the glossy paper. The sky is very nice.

mooseontheloose: Zen photographer, this picture will put a smile on my face for months to come. Details of the texture are incredible.

paul_c5x4: This picture makes me travel into another time. Clarity and sharpness are beautiful. I love it.

Dave Martiny: Street sweeper, it makes me ask myself a coupe of questions about this guy and his life. Pin sharp and a lot of details (look at the shoes). Another nice card.

Thanks guys and gals for sharing all those beautiful images with me. Should start to print mines this weekend, I will do my best to be at your level.

Thanks
    Last edited by Patrick Latour; 06-23-2010 at 03:47 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First card of round #20 received today:
    Looking up from Mick Fagan. A great start of this round. Very nice shot, great lighting. Mick, thanks for your comment about my card from the previous round.

I plan to send my cards earlier than in the last few rounds. I've decided to do two sets this time, and I've already printed one set. All that remains is to decide on which neg to print for the second set, then print it.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm
    Rachelle's postcard arrived a few days ago. that was the wake up call for me to get to the darkroom and start printing, which i did yesterday. today, with the help of my son who designed and printed the labels, my postcards are ready to be mailed. i keep handling the prints with my fingertips, hard for me to think that they will be manipulated by countless people before reaching their destination...!
    Last edited by david James lee; 06-23-2010 at 11:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Card from BoxBrownie,Like your taste... err uh choice of buildings .Very rich tones and fine detail.Looks like the place has some real character.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Got my first of the exchange from BoxBrownie today, really sharp print and fine detail.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just got mine into the mail, no being late this time whoo!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin