Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,957   Online: 754

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a note that I had the details on the back of my card wrong, I checked my notes (when I could find them...) and it was ID-11 stock (not 1+1), for 14 minutes. I'll check my P.O. Box again today and report back...
    My housemates are getting a kick out of it too, I leave them on the coffee table for people to have a look at. Comments from non-photographers are often quite insightful, but so far the best have been "How much do you think it cost them to have these printed?" and "do you think they paid someone to stand there so they could take that?" (clamming at sunset).
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fleath,they were paid with all the clams they could dig.

Shooter
    35mm
    Mine are one the way! Have already received a few, will comment during the weekend (hopefully!)

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I have received three more postcards:

BowBrownie sent a wonderful postcard printed with the contrast to the point. I like it very much.

aluk sent a card of Chateau Frontenac Hotel. Full of finest detail on a fine paper and I would say toned nicely. Perfect fit. I like that one too.

And - phew! - now I also own a copy of The Zen Photographer. Thanks to mooseontheloose.

Hey only a few cards arrived so far and they are already worth the 40 postcards I will send out next week. Great round ... and it is still at the beginning

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I’ve previously commented on one card (mooseontheloose). Since then, cards from four more APUGers have come in:

aluk - “Château Frontenac Hotel” - interesting outlook, and nice tones in the print
    BoxBrownie - “Heart & Hand Pub, Brighton” - sharp and detailed print of a character filled “local”
    Fleath - “Chantal at the Tram Stop” - nice moody atmosphere, and a really good job at handling difficult lighting
    Mick Fagan - “#20 Looking Up” - an interesting portrait of a beautiful woman

5 down, 23 to go

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Matt
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Looks like my comments have been eaten by some forum gremlin ;-)

So here they are again :

I received BoxBrownie's view of a pub in Brighton. Great print, and the perspective is well conveyed.

I also got OzPhoto's café shot. The colors (yes it's in color) are great, and the movement perfect, as well as the textures. The framing make the image very dynamic.

Thanks to you two !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the kind words - this is one of my favourite commercial film images (and I don't shoot colour very often) also.
    Glad they are finding their way around the globe!!

Looking forward to more treats in my mailbox soon.

hwv
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got my second, third and fourth postcard this week:

- Rachelle's picture of a statue: I very much like the square framing of the round faced statue, the crop, the usage of shallow depth of field and also the positioning of the square on the card.
    - Steve's photo of a pub in Brighton: Very well printed, I'm getting thirsty, when looking at this photo.
    - Alex' tram stop photo from South Australia: Very good night shot, beautiful shades of grey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more! Makes checking the mail a lot more fun.

One from Avi (aluk) - My first card from Canada, and a lovely shot. We don't have anything even remotely like that here. Good god it's tall...I like the clouds, especially. They're just very subtle. But I have a thing about clouds.
    And another, from Nanette (Ozphoto), her action shot for the cafe. I dig the angle and the shiny cup and saucer, with the drops running down, but the sugar cube makes it for me.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    So far:

BoxBrownie Nice pub shot. Rich blacks and good detail.
    Mick Fagan Lovely image with nice tones.
    mooseontheloose interesting, the statue looks so contented.
    aluk another good shot, as a carpenter I'm partial to buildings, and have been doing a series of similar shots of skyscrapers.
    mikec well done, like the tones and the reflections off the water.
    paul c5x4 excellent job on what appears to be a very high contrast scene, I spent quite a bit of time looking at this one. Also like the paper.
    Fleath Wow nice night shot, like the symmetry and really like the paper.
    sage nice porch detail well done.
    Dave Martiny just a great shot!
    RTMoynihan couldn't resist could you.

Well you all are setting the bar quite high,

Thanks for all the great cards,
    Roger
    Last edited by Roger Thoms; 06-26-2010 at 07:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin