Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,387   Online: 1011

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received BoxBrownie's card in the mail yesterday -- a nicely lit scene that reminds me of my one-and-only short vacation to the UK a few years ago. The card arrived in great shape -- like it was hand-delivered!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I've been away travelling and got home on Friday to find a whole stash of great cards
    In no particular order ...

Fleath's night shot: the way Chantal is standing with her back to the camera and looking downwards makes it look like a long wait for the tram.
    PaulC5x4: you can't beat the tonality of a contact print and even the Home Guard on the stamp fits the vintage look.
    BoxBrownie: looks like time for a beer. I like all the street signs. Does anyone know the significance of the FP sign on the wall?
    Avi's Quebec hotel has a good camera angle - how high is that place?
    MikeC: I like the way the light changes from left to right across the frame, and the people are caught in the transition from day to night.
    Dave Martiny: His posture says it all, and the way one trouser leg is pulled up just makes the shot.
    Rachelle: So peaceful - that's just what I needed!
    Mick Fagan: Really nice high key print.
    Ozphoto: Great timing. The drops in the air, the coffee running down the side of the cup, I love it too!

Thanks all.
    My cards will be going out in the next week.

cheers
    Pete H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just about to send my cards out but want to check on one thing... I recieved a card from Dave Martiny (thanks Dave!) but he's not on my list. Is that right or should he be?

Shooter
    35mm
    So far I've received cards from the following:
    Dave Martiny: A great shot, very expressive. Makes me wonder what this man was thinking about at the time.
    mooseontheloose: I love seeing Japan (a place I've never visited) through your camera (or the statue's!).
    Mick Fagan: I too find the grain of the film (or is it the texture of the skin?), and the overall shot intriguing.
    BoxBrownie: A very well printed shot, one that really makes you feel like you're there.

My own postcards are generally printed borderless, though I inevitably end up trimming 1-2 mm off some of them. As for the photo: the building itself is fairly tall, especially (I would imagine) by late 19th century standards. In addition, its imposing stature is compounded by the fact that it's perched on the edge of a cliff, though that's not reflected in my photo...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received hwv's card last Saturday, very intriguing... The print is full of details, but almost abstract. I think this could be a windmill detail, with the wing blurred by the movement, but it took me some time to come to this conclusion! Thanks !

I also received Avi's view of Chateau Frontenac Hotel, full of details and nicely toned. Thanks Avi !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And today was GurkenPrinz's New Delhi RickShaw ! The image is full of movement, the large border adds a lot to it. Thanks !
    Laurent

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Received 3 today,

hwv a nice abstract printed on fiber paper that I still haven't figured out. I keep trying though.
    drpsilver beautiful job on the rock, love the tones
    gurkenprinzVery cool shot, I was reading the title out loud and my girlfriend thought I was suggesting Indian fast food for dinner, much to her disappointment I wasn't. I did fix her dinner.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi everyone, your postcards have been hitting my mailbox like its christmas already - they made me very happy!

So far, I've received cards from:

Rachelle (mooseontheloose): Perfect postcard. I instantly knew it was from you because I had read somewhere else about your move to Japan. Such a beautifully composed picture, the little photographer looks so calm and happy!
    Alex (Fleath): beautiful street scene from the other side of the world (and yet so familiar..) with interesting symmetry/assymetry. The waiting girl on the left (no movement) versus the cars on the right: great composition!
    Mick Fagan: a high key portrait with an unusual angle and a beautiful print which I like very much. But say, does your postman hate you? Like last round, your card arrived with warmarks far worse than all the others... ;-)
    Dave Martiny: wow, great street scene, well composed, well printed! I especially like how the light reflects off his head and that you can see so many details in this shot.
    Avi: Like a photo from 50 years ago, excellent! Beautiful warm print on matte paper which made me think instantly about my grandparent's photos. I like how you composed it, too: it looks like the castle of an evil king!
    Steve Brown: A piece of England and a beautiful print. Many details to look at, and always good to see a picture of such a holy place :-)

Thanks to everyone for their cards, and sorry to Roger for having to fix dinner because of my card!

Greetings from Vienna,

gurkenprinz

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Four more postcards arrived:

hwv - It took me a while to find out what it is. An image that I had to get back to again and again. Thanks, I like it.
    Fleath - This is a really beautiful captured scene and very well printed. Thanks from me and regards from Judith.
    gurkenprinz - Very nice capture, I like that play of shadow and light in it.
    ozphoto - Ahhh! One of the too few color ones. It already been said, good timing, I like it a lot.

Thanks to all of you. What a great round ...

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Today I received Sage's post card. Lovely view of a porch, lots of details and tones, thank you !!
    Laurent

My APUG Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin