Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,471   Online: 971

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got DRPSILVER's grainy sand stone sculpt by wind and water,Tafoni,Cambria. don't know what Tafoni is but know one of the ages of the earth was the Cambrian. Thanks Darwin its cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got Steve Brown's postcard today (BoxBrownie) - I dig it. I was really surprised when I read it was from a Point and Shoot camera on the back, could have fooled me. It feels quite familiar actually, I like the windows best. Well printed, and on a paper I don't think I've seen in person before.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    29 June 2010

Rodger and Mike:

Thanks for you kind words, and I am glad you like the image. Using TX developed in D76(1:1) added to the grainy feel of the rocks in the photo. "Tafoni" is a geologists term for rock (usually sandstone) that has been eroded in this manner by wind and water. Cambria is a small "art/tourist" town near Hearst Castle on the central California coast.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    drpsilver,looking at card,I could not tell if the grain was real sand grain or film grain.Worked well.Cambra...small town..,could have fooled me!

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Steve Brown - An excellent example of how 35mm, when done well, can yield a full range of rich tonality and fine detail. I would have guessed it was 4x5.

Darwin -It took me a minute to determine the most likely orientation! Good composition; the dark tones on the left side are balanced with the longer lighter tones radiating to the right.

Gurkenprintz - Great shot, and an interesting transportation concept.

Reagrds,

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Following cards received and loved! :
    Fleath-- night scene with wonderful composition
    Darwin--lovely rock formations
    Mick Fagan--angelic!
    Steve Brown-charming pub!

Thank you all!
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow! I've received some great cards this round. I was going to list them all this time but didn't yet so probably wont! I love them all. I am planning on getting into the darkroom in the next few days to go through all my negs from this year and will get postcards done sometime after the 4th.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got my cards into the mail today, so they should start arriving on this continent next week. I had more international (not US or Canada) than ever before. Kinda cool to be sending cards, and recieving them, to and from so many corners of the globe.

cards recieved since Rachelle's:

Paul C's Weybourne Station - Lovely light and composition. Extra special for bringing back memories from our vacation and time spent on the Poppy Line. A favorite of my husband.
    Mick's "Looking Up" - interesting perspective and light
    Fleath's night shot - very atmospheric
    Dave Martiny's Street Sweeper - mood conveyed very well
    Avi's Chateau Frontenac - I must have seen this imposing building when I was in Quebec city on a school trip, but all I remember is being harrangued by Rene Leveque for being Anglo.
    Mike's clam diggers - love that low evening light
    Box Brownie's pub - didn't have to look at the back to know this was in England.
    And today's arrival - Gurkenprinz's Fort Agra - wonderful light reflected off the floor

Thanks everyone for cards so far - looking forward to many more lurking among the bills and junk mail.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three more cards arrived in the mail -- all in one day! Unfortunately, with this being the rainy season, they also arrived all stuck together. Luckily, no damage done.

Three interesting architectural* shots all together:

aluk's Chateau Frontenac, a building I have never seen in person, but certainly know from pictures. I like the angle chosen here -- a really different perspective of a very famous building!
    gurkenprinz's "Touched by Light", a very atmospheric shot of Agra Fort, a place I hope to photograph myself one day.
    hwv's abstract which feels like it could be a montage of two different photos, or not, or of two conflicting structures*, or perhaps of...piano keys, which was my first impression. I still can't figure it out, which I like.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    More postcards!

Chris (gurkenprinz) - The New Delhi Rikshaw, great job with the panning, I've never had a knack for that. I like the sense of speed. I've had it sitting on my coffee table for a few hours and it keeps catching my eye as I walk past...
    Gregory (Sage) - Taken on one of his photo-adventures, and I really dig it. The vine at the right especially. It reminds me of my grandmother's place, and I love the weathered chair. I thought it was a small piano for a moment...
    Heinz (hwv) - I keep looking at this. I cant exactly figure out what it is, but I'm gonna say stairs and a window...that's just my interpretation, but It reminds me of that Bresson photo of the cyclist. I quite like it. Sometimes photos I can't figure out just bother me, but not in this case.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin