Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,054   Online: 1231

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    George's great old paper image has found its way to Bangkok.
    I too would enjoy seeing how the same area looks after 36 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    George's great old paper image has found its way to Bangkok.
    I too would enjoy seeing how the same area looks after 36 years.
    Glad to hear the postal people are working hard for us. I am thinking about going back, I'd have to take the short route from the road rather than the route I took that day. That was a long afternoon hike through the park ending up there with very cold toes. Unfortunately my arthritic knees would make the trip though the park impossible these days, in fact even the short walk from the road will be tough but maybe just worth it. I don't have the F2 any more but I do have the same lens and a couple F3's so who knows what I'll find there this winter.

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I’ve received six more cards since I last commented:

anikin - The Blue - I always appreciate receiving a colour print in an exchange, especially one with colour this spectacular, and a subject this fascinating
    BoxBrownie - Abandoned Playground - A great subject, printed well, with an image tone well suited to the shot
    Dave Martiny - #9 - PG Nudes - a very nice, three dimensional image
    drpsilver - Cactus - sharp, in so many ways
    George Nova Scotia - Tracks in the Snow - Nicely done image from 35+ years ago
    gurkenprinz - 1939 Auto Union Type D - Grat car, and very well photographed. The print looks almost as if it was contemporary to the car

7 down, 21 to go

Thanks to everyone for participating.

PS My prints are done, toned and labelled. The ones headed to Canadian addresses are in the mail, while the USA and international ones will be mailed from the USA in the next couple of days. They are on Kodak Polycontrast 4x6 paper, thanks to the generosity of an APUGer - dances-w-clouds
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are on Kodak Polycontrast 4x6 paper, thanks to the generosity of an APUGer - dances-w-clouds
    I am certainly glad that someone could use that paper. With that large box you should have many many years of postcard paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    16 Nov 2010

I have in front of me a pile of post cards uncovered from my desk last weekend. This means only one thing - time to comment on them (in no particular order).

The card form amiett is a first from Finland! I like the subtleness of this image. No one thing "pops-out", but it has lots for the viewer to see. I especially like the fog moving in from the right.

The card from ozphoto is really nice. I like how the moving bubbles forms a nice arc. The contrast between the background and subject really focuses the viewer. It is unfortunate that the postal service decided to add several marks to this card. Well done!

The card from mike c is mysterious and intriguing. I really like how the building is only partially lit. You have done a wonderful job of capturing this building on film. I like how the figure adds interest to the photo. The split toning softens the highlights effectively. Nicely printed! Which came first sepia or selenium?

Gurkenprinz's photo of the 1958 Maserati is wonderfully sharp. The blurred people actually make the photo much more interesting to look at as well as adding the sense of motion. Well done.

The card from Black Dog is an effective use of "high key" values.

The card from George Nova Scotia reminded me of observing the "tidal bore" (in 2009) at Truro. This little town is much different now. The "paper from the last century" gives the image and old feel. I like how Agfa/Ansco surrounded the postage area with their name.

Thanks to all for the wonderful post cards!

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Darwin; Do chickens have lips,Darn you had to ask Darwin.I think a light bleaching 1:2 from stock Kodak sepia two kit ,1min and sepia toner 1:4 30 sec then fix wash,selenium 1:20 75-80 deg.F 2 mins.Can't find notes so not sure.The bleach and sepia toner are about a year old,but still work.The Concert Hall itself is a stainless steel skin on it and when used with the red filter it blends in and out with the sky,this was taken med morning.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info Mike -- it's a great card (received it yesterday).
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are welcome Rachelle.I did make notes and tests but can't find them,you'd think after making 30 of them I would remember.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All the rest of my cards are now in the mail. All cards going to addresses in Canada were sent via Canada Post. All other cards (USA or international) were mailed from the USA.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm quite late on commenting the cards I received in the last days... So in no specifis order other than the current on of the stack...

Mike C's Walt Disney Concert Hall : amazing architecture shot, very abstract and quite strange... I love the composition, and the rich blacks.

A mystery sender ? from Australia. It's a view of a water fall, taken on an APUG get-together... The diagonals make the picture live, and the blur in the water is very nice.

BWakel's Arkegarthdale. Great landscape, I can almost feel the smell of rain coming...

Eugene Anikin's Jellyfish. The first color card in this exchange, and a great one. The lighting and colors are amazing, as is the hand-held exposure at 1 second !

Amiett's Raapananlammi : very peaceful landscape, I would love to be there ! The symetry really makes the picture !

Gurkenprinz's Mille Miglia Roadster. i'm not a big fan of cars, but that particular one looks terrific, at least in this picture. Lovely composition, amazing print with a lot of details.

George Richard's Tracks in the snow. Very nice picture on vintage paper... Makes me feel nostalgic about my birth place (I was 7 when the picture was shot, and my memories in the East of France are very close to that image).

OMU's Angels. Lots of details, and a lovely print of these angels.

Thanks to all of you.

I expect to be printing my cards this week-end, I've been quite busy with the prints of my "Merry go round" project...
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin