Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,599   Online: 740

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    hwv
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was quite busy for some time, so I haven't posted since the 13th of october.
    Last weekend I printed my cards and I just dropped them into the mailbox.

Since my last post, I received many cards:
    laurent: arrived today, nice detail of a vintage sewing machine
    Darwin's prickly cacti
    Dave Martiny's not really naked, cloaked during it's journey by an envelope
    Uwe Pilz:impressive Leipzig tree, reminds me of a street in the village where I was born
    Nige: blurred flowing water
    Anikin's beautiful to see but painful to touch jellyfish
    amiett:tree who don't want to grow up
    bwakel:way into nature, beautiful light
    BoxBrownie:Abandoned Playground. I guess, the children have decided to go for a swim...
    gurkenprinz:beautiful Maserati, the driver was 33 years old, when it was built. The panorama format fits well.
    mike c:wonderful architectural photo. The walking person, the gorgeous toning... I love it
    MattKing:I like the position of that "zebra" tree and it's shadow in the picture
    George Nova Scotia:I love those old papers. I started working in the darkroom at the same year when the picture was taken. Used Agfa paper and Adox films (the old Dr. Schleusner ones)
    blackdog: It's really zen. Am I inside or outside the cave?
    ozphoto: tiny but great postcard. Beautiful tonality.
    blackdog: I got two cards from you this round. Captured movement, racy clipping
    mooseontheloose: Afternoon snooze. Beautiful light on the subject. I think, I'm going to snooze now, too, after writing so much.

zzz ... zzz
    hwv

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello again,

Just as I committed in my last post, I got all my cards posted last weekend. So the three local recipients should have their postcards from me by now and the remaining 27 OS recipients will have to wait til next week I guess.

I have only rec'd 7 cards to date and they are;

George Nova Scotia - Love the paper, and am kicking myself that I disposed of all my father’s papers when I found I could not develop in Ilford PQ universal about 15 years ago. I am only just learning that with an appropriate developer which I mix myself I might have been able to use the papers. Damn it... I agree with the earlier posted comments in that I would be great to see what the area looks like today.

Ozphoto - the tiny bubble card. I am always too concerned that these small pictures would not make it through the postal system and so cannot bring myself to send of cards of about this size. So much detail in a tiny package and my first toned postcard this round.

Amiett- The landscape where the tree is growing quite well looks so desolate. It just makes me want to visit this area for some reason.

Drpsilver - I can't say anything different from what anyone else has on the Cactus. It draws the viewer in. Have had the card for some 5 or so weeks now and every visitor to the house has commented on it with - "Wow. Where did you get this?"

Dave Martiny - Not really naked. Perfect title and great detail in the print. Something I need to aspire to.

Anikin - The Blue. This is the other picture that everyone visiting has also commented on. My father just cannot believe it is a hand held exposure of about a second. But the colours are what make the picture - blues and golds.

Mike C - The last of all the prints I have rec'd to date. The first architectural picture and the second toned print. I enjoy the detail visible through the artificial lighting over the music hall.

I look forward to getting some in the post and thanks to all who have sent pictures to me.
    Last edited by Oxleyroad; 12-01-2010 at 08:48 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: fixed a couple of typos
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2 more cards for the week - Blackdog and Oxleyroad - great pics from both!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    01 Dec 2010

A card form Oxleyroad came yesterday. I to remember the movie Tron and the Death Star battle scene from Star Wars. However, this photo reminds me of the days, before college, "stuffing" these PC boards. Later I was "promoted" to troubleshooting them after the wave solder machine. UC Berkeley "rescued" me to study Chemical Engineering.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I am glad that you, and your friends, enjoy the photo.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll have to apologise, I havent even got mine in the mail yet...They're all addressed with the details written on the back, flattened (well, as best I could), and ready to send - I'm just waiting on being able to afford all the stamps

They'll be gone in the next week or so, I promise. In the mean time I've been getting fantastic work in the mail, making a lovely little pile on my desk at home...I'll comment soon. As always, a great deal of quality.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the comments Oxleyroad.
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi,
    received 4 cards this week!

From Crispin, a really cool postcard that is also a series of photos. Love it, really well composed - especially like the beachviews in the lower half!
    hwv: great use of symmetry, very pleasing to look at it. good eye! and well printed..
    Laurent: good composition that draws me into the image, and also well printed!
    MattKing: nice use of DOF, i like the zebra-look of the tree! Interesting to see so many different papers, this one looks great selenium toned!

Greetings, gurkenprinz

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Great card from crispinuk - Crispin's golf camera is a wonderful gadget and he's got a great eye for quirky ways to use it. Lovely card from Laurent too. Nice textures and beautiful tonality.
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received three more cards !

Crispin's "Slices of Southsea". Very interesting, the montage works very well !

Andrew Carson's "Oxleyroad". I love closeups, and this one is very nice. Components reuse is something I did also when I was younger (to build new circuits which would usually not work ;-) ), and I always wondered what photographs they could make... Now I know, and this is very interesting !

rai's "Parents room", very intriguing view with a pinhole, and homebrew colour !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another card today, from Laurent.a detailed close up of a beautifully inscribed sewing machine ,done very well and just the right amount of depth of field.Thank you Laurent.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin