Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 795

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I’ve received another card since I last commented:

Laurent - "Lily Pond" - A really fascinating view of the surface of a pond (or is it the results of a flood?) with an almost surreal background - beautifully printed too! Somehow, I think I must have a different card than others have received

8 down, 20 to go

Thanks to everyone for participating.

PS The comments about my card are appreciated. One of the great things about these exchanges is how much they remind me of how much variety there is in this world. The tree pictured in my card is a birch tree, and while I like their distinctive patterned white bark, I must admit they are fairly common around here and I take them for granted. The comments about the “zebra” tree remind me how special (and photogenic?) they actually are.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for your comments !

Matt : the photograph was made at a "festival des Jardins", a yearly event that happens near my place (in Chaumont sur Loire) and where invited artists (from the average Joe to the architect/renown artist) are offered a place to build a garden. There is a new theme every year, and the projects are usually quite good. This one was very good, and it really struck me when I discovered it. The dark mirror is made of coloured water, and the whole place looks unreal.

The sewing machine come from my great-grand'ma, and is now my mother's. Each time I see it, it reminds me of the diffeence between what was built at this time and what we are offered now. The DOF was quite a challenge !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I got a nice card from Rüdiger "rst" which organizes this exchange. It is an old building with open windows but bricked doors. Thank you. Fine image!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    Yesterday I got a nice card from Rüdiger "rst" which organizes this exchange. It is an old building with open windows but bricked doors. Thank you. Fine image!
    this sounds very much like the card i got from hwv.. are you sure its from Rüdiger?

rai

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi everyone! I received 5 postcards:

George Nova Scotia: I close my eyes and go back to my first lab, open up and see a wonderful post with lots of gray and wonderful composition!

Drpsilver: Great shot very well developed!

blackdog:Transports me to my grandparents' house. A beautiful place in my childhood! Well done.

Laurent: Beautiful closeup with excellent bokeh!

Anikin: Jellyfish ... beautiful and sometimes painful bugs ... beautiful colors for a unique take!

All the postcards I've received are very evocative ... places, feelings, smells ... fine very fine!!!

My postcards came in envelopes...next round I will use postcard format, without an envelope.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    04 Dec 2010

The card from Crispin was confusing at first glance, but then I realized that it was compose of 8 images. I asked myself "How did he match these photos so well?" Then I read the back of the card and all become clear. This "golf camera" is really cool! It certainly has lots of creative possibilities as this card demonstrates. Thanks for the cool card! (I also like the Pooh stamp.)

Regards,
    Darwin

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks from me too!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkenprinz View Post
    this sounds very much like the card i got from hwv.. are you sure its from Rüdiger?
    I mixed hwv and rst. All these three letter abbreviations...
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was very happy to receive hwv's card of the windows and bricked-up doors today. No details (keeping with the minimalist theme?) ;-) but I like the simple geometry and framing of this shot.
    Interesting stamp too (which is true of several cards this round!). Cheers.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rai View Post
    Hi everyone! I received 5 postcards:

George Nova Scotia: I close my eyes and go back to my first lab, open up and see a wonderful post with lots of gray and wonderful composition!

Drpsilver: Great shot very well developed!

blackdog:Transports me to my grandparents' house. A beautiful place in my childhood! Well done.

Laurent: Beautiful closeup with excellent bokeh!

Anikin: Jellyfish ... beautiful and sometimes painful bugs ... beautiful colors for a unique take!

All the postcards I've received are very evocative ... places, feelings, smells ... fine very fine!!!

My postcards came in envelopes...next round I will use postcard format, without an envelope.

Thanks!
    Thanks- the house belongs to some very old family friends and I've been going there since I was born, and photographing there for nearly 30 years.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin