Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,234   Online: 1099

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two great cards arrived this week, just in time for Christmas. Allen Friday's "Steam Locomotive" is a great shot of a classic. And Kraker's "At the fair" arrived wet from the rain but flattened out nicely between the pages of a HCB book I received for Christmas. I like the feeling of the stuffed animals waiting for something to happen. Thanks guys.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have everything in the mail. Hope you like it.
    -Rob Skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well spent all day in the darkroom and printed my postcards, had lots of fun, ended up printing 6 different images. This was the first time to print multiple images for a postcard exchange and I'm glad I did, much less monotonous. I was working with a series of images of the same subject on the same roll of film with pretty consistant lighting so once I got the first print dialed in the rest just needed minor adjustments. Of coarse this doesn't mean much to the recipients since you'll only see one image, but it was fun to do.

I know I'm late and will make every effort to mail my card before the end of the year. Also I want to say that I have received many wonderful cards and will try to comment on them over the New Years weekend.

Cheers and Happy New Year,
    Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have two cards today.Rob Skeoch has sent a photo of an abandoned barn and car in an open field ,and printed on a paper that reminds of a paper I used years ago all most like Kodaks mural paper,nice texture embossed on surface,I like it.
    .Also have rst pin hole camera photo of a brig in Heidelberg, my daughter recognized right off ,beautiful card.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Rudiger's card earlier this week -- I knew it was his the second I looked at it and saw it was a pinhole (well, it was a good guess!). The entire print has a nice melancholy feel.

I also received Rob Skeoch's abandoned farm scene today and I'm very excited to have a new paper in my hands. I love the texture of the paper and the fact that's it got a bit of sheen to it, despite being matt (the image ain't bad either). Can't wait to try it myself!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rudiger's image(s) arrived on Tuesday - really nice to see Heidelberg this way.
    Rob's image hit Bangkok yesterday - I love the feel of this image & the paper is superb! Think Ilford might be on to something here - about time they started to experiment a little.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All cards sent out on Monday. Sorry for being late.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cards received since my last update:

Aron: Vienna shot, great shot, lots of things happening; great print with lots of detail in the dark parts, and very nice paper. All in all: fantastic.
    Allen Friday: Steam locomotive. Getting repetitive here, but: also a lovely shot and print.
    rst, instantly recognised as one of your shots, Ruediger. My Zero2000 hasn't seen much daylight this year. Seeing your shot makes me want to pick it up again. (And why not...!)
    Rob Skeoch: first things first, I like the composition, I like the shot. And then... the paper. Yes, that would work for me. I really like the texture. Another positive vote for this paper. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks to all of you.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I came back home today to find two cards in the mailbox :

Rüdiger's Alte Brücke. Very nice view of the bridge, I love pinhole images !

Rob Skeoch's image of the prairies. Great composition with a feeling of space... and another vote for a very nice paper ! Hope we can get it sometime in teh (near) future !!!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    30 Dec 2010

This week the mail box produced cards from ...
    rst: I really like the softness of the image, and how the bridge leads the eye into the background. I first thought this was the "Pont de Avignon", but the city did not look correct. I have never visited Heidelberg. It looks like a very nice place.
    jst: Interesting composition. Nicely exposed to keep the snow white, not gray.
    Rob Skeoch: I immediately thought of Bodie, CA when this card arrived. Places like this are really fun to photograph. So many stories to be told. The paper really helps the image. I am excited that Ilford is experimenting with new products. I have several images that would work well on this paper. So an enthusiastic yes for this product. I really like the paper surface - textured and matt, but not too flat. I reminds me of the old Kodak Ektalure (warm paper base + warm emulsion). Well done, and thanks for the preview.

Thanks to all for the good images this round. I look forward to Round #22.

Regards and Happy New Year,
    Darwin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin