Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,018   Online: 675

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1216171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has been a good round for me - 12 outstanding; 8 I know are going to be late.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all,

In the 4 weeks since my last posting I have received another 10, so 18 out of 30.

Mike Wilde - Three pictures for the price of one. Don't know what Aussie Post or Canada post has been up to but these only just arrived last Friday. Love the effect of the old papers.

Laurent - Detail of the old sewing machine. Spectacular and includes the detail of the stray fibres about the foot and needle rod.

Rai - Parents room taken with a home made pin hole. I like the lighting and colour/s. Second colour picture to be sent to me for this exchange.

Crispin - Great to get an image from a camera with more than one or two lenses. Great composition of the seaside.

hwv - Two permenantly closed doors. Great symetry and detail in this one.

kraker - At the Fair looks like there is an infinitely long line of the crane grabber ammusement machine. I have never ever had any luck on these machine myself, but love watching others have a go. Like the great depth of field.

lorirfrommontana - Sunrise on the farm.

JJB - I like the tones in this one of boat hulls stacked on the shore, such a simple image that keeps me focused.

Allen Firiday - The steam loco is my son's favorite of all the pictures in this round. I have a four and a half year old who is steam fanatic and who is likely to become an engineer if I can not convince him otherwise.

Ruediger - Arrived today. this bridge must be one of the most photographed landmarks in Heidelberg. I have my own fair share of images from my last visit to Germany 7 years ago. I enjoy the softness of this image created with the pin hole camera.

That's it till I get some more. Thanks every one who has sent the pictures I (and my family) do enjoy getting the pictures. Happy new year and see you in round 22 as the bug has got a firm hold of me now .
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    kraker - At the Fair looks like there is an infinitely long line of the crane grabber ammusement machine. I have never ever had any luck on these machine myself, but love watching others have a go.
    As a side note... after taking this picture (and a few more), I put some money in the machine and had a go. And some more money. Ah, one more try now...

Yes, I finally "won" one of the fluffy animals. But not before spending more than it is worth. Still, it's about having some fun, that's priceless.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KWhitmore View Post
    ... Kathy aka soon to be new mum :-)
    Congratulations Kathy. And here is my good advice I give to all future parents: Do not follow good advices, especially not advices given from people who are not parents.

Cheers
    Ruediger

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    And I still have to comment on all those wonderful postcards I received in this round. ... well, I choose the lazy route: What Alex said!

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have pushed the boundaries of tardiness to the limit this time...sorry people! I haven't printed my cards yet but I have a good excuse? I will do it though I promise. Soon.

Kathy aka soon to be new mum :-)
    Kathy:

Congratulations, and best wishes.

(be sure to raise him/her to appreciate film )
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    Congratulations Kathy. And here is my good advice I give to all future parents: Do not follow good advices, especially not advices given from people who are not parents.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Thanks Ruediger! I've lost track of how many times I've heard that about good advice for new parents. Everyone says don't listen! How confusing is that? (inserting fingers in ears now)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Kathy:

Congratulations, and best wishes.

(be sure to raise him/her to appreciate film )
    Thanks Matt...you can bet your can o' bulk film there will be photography in his future!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Ruediger! I've lost track of how many times I've heard that about good advice for new parents. Everyone says don't listen! How confusing is that? (inserting fingers in ears now)

Best wishes Kathy !

In fact, I think the best is not to follow ANY advice, even from people who are already parents (OK, since I'm a parent already, why should you follow my advice ?)

Keep your fingers in your ears for the next years (best is probably until the kid reaches 18 !)
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another card arrived today from Rob Skeoch - the rusted car body and tired ol' barn. Love the paper. It is like when I coat hand made paper with liquid emulsion only with a much more even coating. Will send you a pm with details on how it fared in the post.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin