Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,531   Online: 1043

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1317181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received JeffMerlet's "Busy bees at the beach" yesterday. They look indeed VERY busy !!! The triangular composition works well for me, but I'm puzzled by something : the horizon is clearly not horizontal, but the kids look vertical !!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ... and today I got Mark Rewald's Mexican sculpture. The card will benefit from some flattening (the postmen were not very nice to it !) but is in good shape otherwise. The sculpture looks captivating.
    Laurent

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    man... I did flatten it. I think the Post Office here in denver has it out for me. =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The humidity here could also be in cause... it's becoming flatter and flatter since I brought it inside !
    Laurent

My APUG Blog

hwv
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just nearly had finished commenting on several cards I received during the last weeks, when one of my toes touched the power switch of the multiple socket outlet supplying my computer

So, let's do it again:

kraker: So many stuffed toys, each waiting for someone to free it to get a hug.
    Aron: He is in a hurry, afraid to reach his destination late and forgetting what he wanted to say.
    lorrirfrommontana: Sunrise on the farm! The cows are waiting to get milked...
    rst: Alte Brücke in Heidelberg. A city where one can loose one's heart to.
    jst: I hope, they are on the bus now. Seems to be freezy cold out there.
    oxleyroad: 30 years old? looks like new! Reminds me of the time when I soldered my own amp...
    Allen Friday: Steam locomotive, wheezing around the corner. Nice picture composition.
    JJB: Boats, having a rest and relaxing in the sun. Well seen, beautiful shades of grey.
    Rob Skeoch: Excellent photo! The buildings, the abandoned car with it's bullet holes, the beautiful sky... You can tell Ilford I like the paper very much.

So, thank you all for this interesting pce #21. Maybe I'll receive some more cards, some are still out.

But now, I have to push swiftly the submit button before I stretch myself out towards the power swi..........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    rtbadman's card of double reflections in to mirrored buildings came today,this building looks familiar to me. Like the crazy distortions created by the windows.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    05 Jan 2011

Congratulations Kathy. Not being a parent I will say nothing. I will echo what Matt said because photography not only develops artistic skills, but observational skills that are applicable to all aspects of life.

I wish you and your growing family the best.

Regards,
    Darwin

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Jake (black dog) - "The old houses dream of the old days".
    Lovely composition here, perfectly framed and printed. I dig the white space at the base of the card, it makes for a nice place to hold and look through the photo. The ripple-y light on the left, on the bottom half of the photo, is my favourite part. I have distinct memories of crawling around on the floor as a little'n looking up at these big windows in our livingroom, and these strange ripples light on the floor in front of me...And I always like your quote on the back of your cards, I think the last one was Bob Dylan. "

Thanks Fleath-was feeling a bit zonked that day as I'd had to get up at 6 AM to cook breakfast for 100 odd people and then travelled several hundred miles to get to some old friends' house, where I've taken many, many pictures over the last 30 years or so. The light was so beautiful that evening and I remembered a Wilfred Owen poem quoted on the cover of Stanley Road by Paul Weller...I'm very pleased with the results [also shot some pics with my Trip] and have spent some time experimenting with high key printing for them.

Rob-love the paper which matches the subject perfectly. Reminds me of Art Classic!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Arons card came today,its of a place in Vienna,I forgot What I Wanted to Say.Nice contrast ,the person running makes it all the more interesting.Let me see,what was I suppose to do now?

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mark Rewald's Mexican statue came on Friday. I can see why you wanted to grab this shot and I can imagine exactly the tones and texture you have tried to capture.

As for flatness I've no complaints. All postal services must have taken care of my picture from Mark.

20 down, let us see how many of the balance of 10 I am expecting get delivered.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin