Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,801   Online: 990

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Already printed a huge pile, just got to decide who gets what!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    ... just got to decide who gets what!
    That is why I almost always send the same image to all people on my list. A little bit less decisionmaking

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    I wouldn't really call it obsession, but I do think about it. Like you Fleath, I like interesting stamps and try to send them when i can. Luckily, in Japan, they've got some pretty cool ones, except for the postcard postage stamps (so I spend a little more to get the regular priced stamps). Although I should say for this particular round, those who get the heart-shaped stamps should not read too much into them.
    I do too, there's some new stamps coming out at the end of this month I'm going to make a point to use. The nice part about printing 5x7" is I can use a bunch of oddly priced stamps on the back to make up postage...
    Australia Post did once have a stamp celebrating the Australian Taxation Office. I dont know who wanted to get those in the mail.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    speaking of stamps... I got a package recently that was almost covered in stamps. They must have had a supply of low value ones and decided to use them up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received my first card(s) today in this exchange. Actually there are three, all from the same APUGer:

Mike Wilde - “Soaring Spaces”, “Kid in a Candy Store” and “Abandon(ed) Baggage Building” - Mike’s use of envelopes for 5x7 prints makes a lot of sense given the rules that Canada Post uses for postcards. I also like his “green” approach (making good use of old photographic paper. I like all three cards, but particularly appreciate how the light patterns in Soaring Spaces and Abandon(ed) Baggage Building complement each other, while the story behind Kid in a Candy Store makes me smile.

1 down, 27 to go

Thanks to everyone for participating.

PS I found the postmark on Mike's envelope intriguing - "Support Mental Health"
    Last edited by MattKing; 10-08-2010 at 11:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also received cards from Rachelle and Mike Wilde. Now, I'm starting to worry - couple more cards and I'll start cursing myself for being too lazy.

Anyway, my comments:

mooseontheloose what's an international delight! A photo of Ukrainian house taken in Canada arriving from Kumamoto Japan! A great composition, and the person sitting in front of the building add just a perfect touch! Thank you for your early card!

Mike Wilde I actually got 4 photos for the price of three ;-). Seriously, you sent me two of "kid in a candy store". I hope I did not get somebody else's. Great story!
    I love the "soaring spaces" print on Agfa. What a great tonality! I wish would have discovered analog photography sooner. Such a beautiful paper, and alas - I can't even try it... By the way, fogging just adds to the print. Really nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    I also received cards from Rachelle and Mike Wilde. Now, I'm starting to worry - couple more cards and I'll start cursing myself for being too lazy.

Anyway, my comments:

mooseontheloose what's an international delight! A photo of Ukrainian house taken in Canada arriving from Kumamoto Japan! A great composition, and the person sitting in front of the building add just a perfect touch! Thank you for your early card!
    Thanks anikin! There's certainly no need to feel lazy -- the cards were printed back in March (!) right before I left for Japan (I knew I would be without an enlarger for some time and didn't want to miss any exchanges). Glad to hear the first one arrived safely within a week of being sent.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    09 Oct 2010

I completely agree with anikin! The card from mooseontheloose has a wonderful range of tones. A simple composition that gives the viewer lots to look at, and has a story to tell. I also like the stamp Rachelle used. At one time I collected stamps and "first day covers", and always look at the variety of postage on cards I receive.

I received three prints form Mike Wilde. I really like how these three images work as a group - New, Old, and Fun. I like the variety of papers used. Where do you find such old papers? The fogged paper used for "Abandon Baggage Building" adds to the feeling of age and neglect of the building. Well done.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Last edited by drpsilver; 10-09-2010 at 10:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added text formatting

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rachelle's card has made it to Bangkok - my first card for round 21. I too love the tones of this elegantly simple image. Works on all fronts for me - I enjoy images like this very much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received three very nice prints from Mike Wilde.

I still don't know which one I prefer, "Kid in a candy store" is a lovely one, but the tow other ones show wonderful perspective and details

Thanks Mike !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin