Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,326   Online: 1235

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Dave Martiny's "Not Really Naked" card today. A really simple subject executed beautifully -- I like this one a lot! I've never tried Tri-X in Rodinal but now that I've seen what it looks like in a print I just may have to try it myself.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    My mailbox has been lonely for cards but thankfully Ozphoto's arrived today -- a somewhat whimsical "Troy and Bubbles". I love how the curve of the bubbles follows the slight curve of his body, and the way he almost seems to be emerging from the wall. (nice stamp as well!)
    Thanks Rachelle.

I've tried printing that neg on many occasions and never quite nailed it, so put it back into the file to be re-visited at a later date.

I knew I wanted to print it for PC21, so gave it another spin and am really happy with the result.

The postal officer emptied the cupboards looking for the "right sized" stamp to fit - the sheets actually had two sizes, and he spent forever getting me the little ones.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Three awesome cards so far!

DPRSILVER's cactus- prickly subject, hehe...love the selective focus on this.
    Dave's PG nude- such beautiful light...just gorgeous.
    Birger's orchid- great closeup, very abstract...took me a while to figure out what it was.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oops, missed one!
    Uwe's old lime tree- that is one BIG tree! looks like a nice shady spot to rest... :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, I already received quite a few cards and would like to comment on them. Also, wanted to let you know that my cards are printed and labeled and will be sent out next week!

Darwin's Cactus: love the tonality and the sharpness (hehe)!
    Rachelle's afternoon snooze: I like how small this person looks next to this house, and how well you can see the differences in the structures
    Dave Martiny's PG Nude: interesting light in this very elegant photo! love the composition!
    Black Dog: now this is something! a photo that doesnt make any sense without the quote on the back. But I get it - and I like it! Bold, against all so-called "rules", artistic, almost abstract and very strange photo! Thanks for thinking outside of the box.
    Mike Wilde's collection of old and strange papers: Very good light and composition in the baggage building photo! I like the rotten... Really dont know anything to say about the other two, sorry!

Greetings, Chris

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks....can't remember what I sent you now!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great card from Darwin arrived this weekend - love the contrast and the shallow DOF. If this was a square print it's something I'd love to have on my wall (not that I think I'm such a prickly person!).
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    @Black Dog: it was the old windows dreams..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards are printed, addressed and ready to go to the post office.

Received Mike Wilde's package, really like Soaring Spaces, like the image and the paper, almost dream like.
    Rachelle's aka mooseontheloose came next, two of my favorite things, old barns and afternoon snoozes.
    Then Ewe Pilz's card of a lovely tree and another barn, the two seemed to have grow together for some time.
    Final card, so far, Dave Martiny's PG Nude. Brings back early school day memories, not the nude but the braid, just don't see many these days.

I hope you find my card interesting, paper was a little old, some fog and a little light leaked in the box from a worn corner.

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received :

OzPhoto's Troy and bubbles : I love the composition and lighting. Il also like the small print, which suits the image well, IMO.

DRPSilver's Cactus : interesting close-up of a cactus, the subject is very graphical.

Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin