Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,706   Online: 1163

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Great card from Darwin arrived this weekend - love the contrast and the shallow DOF. If this was a square print it's something I'd love to have on my wall (not that I think I'm such a prickly person!).
    31 Oct 2010

I am glad you like the photo. Thanks for the complement. I never thought about printing it square (which I find a very confusing format). I will have to look at the negative with that in mind and see if anything appeals to me. Thanks for the suggestion!

I have a Hasselblad that does not see much film because of the square format. For some reason my brain does not "see" square - too used to rectangular! Any suggestions on how to get around this problem are welcome.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Just back from a week's windy holiday in the Yorkshire Dales (used my penultimate roll of HIE consumed to moderately interesting effect) and I found a number of cards to welcome me home:

Black Dog: a strange, dreamlike image that aptly reflects the verse of Wilfred Owen quoted on the back
    drpsilver: nice cactus shot, sharp and great tonality. I agree that this one would work well as a square image
    ozphoto: wonderful shot of Troy blowing amazing bubbles. How does he get each bubble to decrease in size so consistently?
    Dave Martiny: beautiful tonality and composition for this 'not really naked' shot

Thanks

Barry
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Barry,

I honestly have no idea! But I was glad he did - it adds to the shot and this was the one he chose for his portfolio.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found a couple cards in the mailbox today.
    DRPSILVER - points well taken
    OZPHOTO - luckily the bubbles escaped drpsilver's card and remained in flight.

Made the trip to the post office today to mail mine and got a pleasant surprise. In Canada there is no tax on international postage - if you buy more than $5 and use it all together. It helped that I had my cards with me - save 15% thanks to the postal clerk!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Posted my first batch yesterday. I used this round to try out a bit of Selenium toning. The same card for everyone but they vary from lightly through various splits to fully toned.
    3 received Cards so far all excellent:
    Black Dog - Knock on the sky... , Dave Martiny - PG Nude no 9 and Darwin - Cactus
    Thanks for the pics

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Received Ozphoto's "Troy and Bubbles" yesterday. Totally love it. Got a major "wow" from my hubby...I don't even get that from him with MY cards most of the time! ;-)
    Last edited by KWhitmore; 11-03-2010 at 10:54 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added somethun...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Received boxbrownie's card. Lovely split selenium toning on one of my favourite papers. Is that really an abandoned playground on the edge of the cliff? Most intriguing.
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bwakel View Post
    Received boxbrownie's card. Lovely split selenium toning on one of my favourite papers. Is that really an abandoned playground on the edge of the cliff? Most intriguing.
    Yep it's on the Isle of Wight - very atmospheric place:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackgang_Chine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Darwin's prickly image - great feel and tonal range to this one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just posted mine - and realised: Whereever I wrote "Paper: Adox MCC" I meant "Adox MCP", sorry!

greets, Chris

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin