Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,114   Online: 873

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anikin's jellyfish arrived yesterday; wow - I love it!! The colours and positions are wonderful.
    What a great "lucky shot".

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I've recently received:

Anikin - wonderful eye-popping blue and against the contrasting orange of the jellyfish. Great shot.
    George Richards - Proper Agfa Ansco paper with a contemperaneous image too!
    Amiett - super gnarled and twisted tree. Very sharp and nice tones.

My cards have been let loose into the wild now but I have made a bit of a cock-up. I didn't notice that Reudiger had put me down for 30 when I signed up for 20. I only had time and materials to print 20 cards but Reudiger has selflessly offered to send ten extra cards to those I couldn't cater for. Thanks Reudiger - I'll check the summary list next time!

Barry
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    35mm
    I received two cards in the last two days:

George Richards' tracks in the snow on beautiful old agfa postcard paper. Although shot in 1974, it could have been just yesterday.
    BoxBrownie's abandoned playground, a photo I like very much: I like the composition, and the documentary approach to this. Also like the paper and think that the selenium toning adds just the right tones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkenprinz View Post
    I received two cards in the last two days:

George Richards' tracks in the snow on beautiful old agfa postcard paper. Although shot in 1974, it could have been just yesterday.
    Sadly not. Those fields are now full of parking lots and apartment buildings. Luckily the trees in the foreground right may still be there as they border on a park.

George

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi George,

it might be really cool then to see the same photo taken in 2010 for the next postcard exchange ;-)

br, Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Arg!!!!!! I printed my postcards weeks ago, then set them aside to address. Now I can't find them..... I sure wish the Great Oz would hurry up and give me a brain.......

Back to the hunt...
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tree more cards made it to me.

George's Tracks in the snow. Oh, it really brings out memories: it reminded me of the place I grew up.
    It could have been just across a street from a photo I have taken in a little village in the center of
    Siberia couple of years ago.

A super-sharp photo of a tree by amiett. I love the texture. You can just sit there and watch the curves in the branches. Beautiful!

A photo of a race car by gurkenprinz. Excellent panning job! This car look like a toy! I love your cropping, the eyes just lock up on the car and bring out the sense of speed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The comments are in the order that I have filed the image; they sometime pile up for a day or two before they get into my filing binder, and can thus not be sure to be based on the order in which they made it to me.

Anikin – a great image of jellyfish in colour, and printed square to boot. Oh, I like it for such a fluke shot that you describe it as.

amiett – a delightful design on the paper bag/envelop this card was posted in. Nice use of selective focus/ depth of field control on the image of the fungus on the tree truck. Printed square. That I wish I had the nerve to do more often when I shoot 6x6. I am forever tempted to crop to a 2:3 or so aspect ratio to somehow try to ‘improve’ the image.

Birger A – The Orchid. Very nice, and when I looked, I don’t think I was suppose to get a card from you. Thanks for sharing the image. As I mentioned previously, almost senual in a way.

Box Brownie – Abandon Playground. Neat abandon near cliff image. I like that I saw it explained, because otherwise my brain is torn from the sights to the why. As a series it would play out very well. The selenium gives a very nice vintage look that ties in well to the abandon equipment images.

Drpsilver – Prickly pear cactus – another good crisp use of sharp/unsharp artistic use of depth of field.

Dave Martiny - #9 PG Nudes: Not Really Naked. I love the subtle texture that flows from side lit skin. The braided hair and the shadow it casts, and the finger positioning on the shoulder make the image come together very well.

George Nova Scotia – Track in the snow. Nice use of dividing the image into thirds, and putting such different bits in each third. The wandering fence line of posts in the snow is great. Oh, and love the old paper. Good use of the image if the paper is a bit fogged. Perhaps I have started an old paper fetish in another?

Mooseontheloose – Rachelle, the framing of the shot, and the way that you set the tones in the print are superb.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, I don't know if I'd call it a fetish but I do have a bit of paper to try. I don't know how much 60 year old paper I'll find but you never know. Still more to test from that box and I picked up a couple boxes of Kodak paper yesterday, including some Panalure. Sadly the Kodak postcard paper from the first box was totally black but there is still some agfa to test.

And yes your package did inspire me to try that paper.

George

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Just received a stunning image of the Walt Disney Concert Hall from mike c - it has beautiful tonality and the exposure and use of a red filter combined with selenium and sepia toning have produced a fabulously dark and intriguing image. I've never managed to get such depth from Ilford postcard paper.
    My website: Light Work

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin