Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,179   Online: 758

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Silly question perhaps from a first timer: reading the comments thread about the last round, are most people using the same image for all their cards or a different one? It sounds like it is the same image which I guess makes sense, then everyone can compare them (well, aside from differences between the individual prints of course).

Will we be sending extras to Simon at Ilford and Brad at Kodak again? Will Brad be upset to see Ilford post card paper?
    First off don't forget Sean here at Apug if you send out extra cards.

As far as the images I usually do the same image for every card, but for round 21 I decided to mix it up a little and did six different images from a series of architectural shots I took of building reflections. I always sign up for the max and print about 60 cards so it was nice change of pace. For round 22 I'll probably revert back to printing a single image.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rtbadman View Post

As far as the images I usually do the same image for every card, but for round 21 I decided to mix it up a little and did six different images from a series of architectural shots I took of building reflections. I always sign up for the max and print about 60 cards so it was nice change of pace. For round 22 I'll probably revert back to printing a single image.

Roger
    I usually mix several images, but I sometimes like to be printing the same, as this helps me in being consistent in my printing.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rtbadman View Post

Roger
    Sean in NZ, check!

I ordered a new RC drying rack that holds 20 5x7/4x6 pictures and I'm hoping that my old (was my father's) Eagle 8-sheet dryer will also hold 8 of them (I hope the 4x6 postcards aren't too short) in which case I can do my promised 20 plus the 3 extras, could even do 25 plus 3 without having to see if the first ones done can be taken off yet which is what I do today. Otherwise I'll need to get a second 20-picture dryer or do them in two batches.

How do most people manage to do the max at once? Batches or a lot of drying space? Drying space is my main struggle. RC isn't too bad but do some of you do max in fiber? I'd need to load them all into my drying press, could be done I guess. Maybe I'll do 5x7 fiber postcards some time, will see.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I have screens, one screen takes 16 5x7 if it is full I place another screen on top of it. To keep them away from each other I use a 35mm film canister at every corner. If the second gets full ...

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Sean in NZ, check!

How do most people manage to do the max at once? Batches or a lot of drying space? Drying space is my main struggle. RC isn't too bad but do some of you do max in fiber?
    I have about 8 drying screens that are about 24"x30" which I use for fiber. For RC I have the choice of the screens or an Edwards Engineering paper dryer depending on whether on not I want to take the prints home the same day. I print in a friends darkroom.

Roger
    Last edited by Roger Thoms; 01-20-2011 at 04:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For drying RC I have a couple of plastic coated racks that are intended for kitchen cupboards - like these:

http://www.storables.com/10-2-tier-white-shelf.html

I use them upside down, on top of a towel.

EDIT: as shown here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=808613

But one of these from a thrift store should work fine:

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/P...od_ID=RP091311
    Last edited by MattKing; 01-20-2011 at 03:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rüdiger, I have just finished printing and writing the addresses for round 21, postage stamps on Monday and they are off.

I have already printed round 22 and can do a maximum of 61 postcards, as that is what I printed. As I was near the end of the box I just whacked the rest through the Durst Printo.

Took me about 40 minutes to print the 61 postcards, including washing and drying. I dry with a ROWI 300 mm wide RC paper dryer, for those who would like to know.

As for those people who insist in attempting to change the postcard exchange into a print exchange, by using cardboard supported and fully enveloped prints, please don't.

This is a postcard exchange, not a glorified mini print exchange. If you wish to participate in a print exchange, please do, but not in the postcard exchange.

I don't care if you feel that the value of the postage, with various weighted envelopes, gives you an apparent better value for money, this is a postcard exchange.

Seeing just how well, or how not so well a postcard made itself around the world, is half the fun, checking out the image is the other half of the fun.

Mick.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    OK folks, you read it, Mick is up to 61, we are so far at 42, come into the postcard exchange and find out how much fun it is.

And I can second Mick a bit, it is a postcard exchange, that some cards arrive a little bit worn out is part of it. I even send my own postcard to myself because that is just more authentic.

Hey Mick, although I doubt that it makes any difference, but this is the first round that I remember that you do not sign-in for the MAX

Cheers
    Ruediger

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Oh, and here is an updated list:

5stringdeath (20)
    anikin (MAX)
    BirgerA (MAX)
    Black Dog (MAX)
    BoxBrownie (20)
    ccross (20)
    crispinuk (25)
    Dave Martiny (30)
    djhopscotch (25)
    drpsilver (MAX)
    Fleath (MAX)
    George Nova Scotia (MAX)
    gurkenprinz (40)
    HowardDvorin (MAX)
    hpulley (20)
    htimsdj (10)
    ignatiu5 (25)
    johnnywalker (20)
    jst (15)
    Kevin Kehler (25)
    kraker (25)
    Laurent (MAX)
    lorirfrommontana (MAX)
    Marianne (20)
    markrewald (MAX)
    MattKing (28)
    meltronic (25)
    Mick Fagan (61)
    Mike Wilde (30)
    Moopheus (MAX)
    Oxleyroad (30)
    ozphoto (20)
    paul_c5x4 (15)
    piu58 (20)
    rai (25)
    Rob Skeoch (MAX)
    rst (40)
    rtbadman (MAX)
    seadrive (25)
    sepiareverb (20)
    sly (40)
    Tim Gray (MAX)

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Man I wish I could print 60 cards in 40 minutes. It takes me about two hours. The two limiting factors are the time to process the prints (duh) and drying space. I can only dry 16 cards at a time. So I do a 16 card batch, then take a little break, then do the next batch. While the next batch goes up, I take down the dry ones from the first batch.

I really need to work on a drying solution and figure out how to process more than 2 prints at a time

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin