Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,132   Online: 842

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Since I only use RC for these postcard exchanges, it's easy just to hang the prints on a line with clips or clothespins to dry. Much more space-saving than laying them flat. I'm only limited by the number of clips at my disposal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got my Paterson drying rack with my Ilford Pearl Postcard pack so I can now dry 20 on that rack and 8 on my old Falcon, assuming the postcards don't fall through it, for the 3 extras plus perhaps one to mail myself which sounds like a fun idea. If I really get into it for the next round I'll get a second Paterson rack as they snap together.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey, don't care one way or another whether people sent my cards in an envelope or not. Just enjoy getting the cards. As far as drying a couple of fiberglass window screens and you good to go. And I process 6 at a time and just shuffle through the stack in the trays. I could do more but six is comfortable and I'm not in that big of a hurry. I always mail myself a card and it goes in the album with all the others so that I have a record of what I sent for that round.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I suck at shuffling prints. More practice.

Unfortunately my drying space is limited by the fact that my darkroom is a temporary setup in my bathroom. I need to spend some time thinking about the best way to remedy the situation.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Tim, definitely gets easier with a little practice. I place the prints in the developer face down, one at a time in quick secession then take the print from the bottom and place it on top. Once the prints are in the developer I relax and shuffle a print every few seconds till my development time is up. The reason I only do 5 or 6 at a time is that I like to take them out of the developer one at time and let them drip before going in the stop. I hold a print between each finger and 5 or 6 how many I can do comfortably.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sounds like some of you guys already have your prints done.
    I'm way behind the curve.... hope to buy the film soon. LOL.
    -rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Not me but based on a contact sheet I have an image in mind so at least I'm off to a good start.

Roger

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are always the eager beavers who get stuff done and ready to go before the list is complete. There are just as many (or more!) who are stragglers whose cards don't get sent out until the next round is underway. Most folks are somewhere in between the two extremes. The good thing about this is that it means weeks of lovely anticipation every time you check the mail.

My life's been busier than usual this last little while. I've not even thought about which neg yet. Haven't checked to see how much postcard paper I have left, either. There's a good chance I'll be middle-to-the-end of the pack, but I'll get them done eventually.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm in for 20 cards.
    Participating for the first time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too don't really mind if the cards are sent in envelopes - I fully understand the $$ involved when sending out. From memory when based in AU, I was spending about $40-$45 on postage if I did approx 30-35 cards. (This round if I'd sent from AU, would have been $33.00.)

I'd love to always do the max, but have to take postage costs into consideration for every road.

That being said, I love receiving from all over the world - postage marks all over the actual card or envelope, I don't care, just as long as they fill my mailbox in greater numbers than those awful bills!!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin