Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,429   Online: 1115

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Received three cards in the last days:

From JohnnyWalker, a calm and very detailed print featuring a landscape that I would like even without the "human touch", but the fishing son makes it even more interesting! Did you tone it? The blacks are really strong!
    From Dave Martiny, the random plant that does not show your desparation at all, but rather your eye for composition. Love the abstraction and the forms - and I like how you printed it: the whole tonal range is there, which fits this photo perfectly!
    And finally, coming from Wheelock, VT, but unfortunately with an unreadable signature (Rolf? Rob?), an unidentified piece of farming equipment (is it?). I like the many different structures and surfaces in this photo!

Also, I want to take this opportunity to thank everybody who has commented on my postcards so far, I really appreciate to read what you think about my photos!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cards I’ve received thus far -

Dave Martiny’s Untitled: Nice repeating lines, and I like the way that they don’t draw to the middle, but instead are offset to one side. I think it adds to the interest, as does the inclusion of the terminal point of on (and only one) leaf.

Moopheus’ Street Sweeper: For me the crop does a good job of being the minimum needed to convey the power and noise of these machines. I find the patriotic icon/branding funny in light of what the sweeper is/does.

Oxleyroad’s Footprint, Sand and Pebbles: I love the composition, the detail, and the colour! Like others, I was under the impression that MGIV RC (my standard printing paper) did not tone well or much, especially compared to Ilford’s FB, but maybe I’ve been thinking of KRST and not sepia. This looks beautiful.

Mike Wilde’s three for the price of one – Post Industrial Abandon: Even with the bright sun and fluffy clouds, you managed to bring forth a sense of bleakness. Leo’s Fish & Chips: Great diner shot reminiscent of every greasy spoon in every small(er) town in North America. Love the look from the guy in the corner. Yonge at Dundas: I can’t stop smiling at this photo and the memories it brings back. The mixed aroma of popcorn and chestnuts, the little puffs of steam and smoke from the roaster, the red candy apples. Rockwell Jeans. I spent a fair amount of time in that arcade. Wonderful stuff.

Thanks to everyone so far.

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dave Martiny - Random plant. The pearl paper and the tonal range works really well together.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The fifth card arrived yesterday. RST - Frauenkirche in Dresden. If you did not tell me that this was from a pin hole I would not have guessed. The detail and sharpness of the image is just magic. I have to work a bit harder on my pinhole cameras, especially the pin hole to try and capture the detail.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Gurkenprinz's "Second Life" yesterday. Interesting picture, and nicely seen. Looks like the shovel from hell is about to devour the remnants of the cement factory. Well done.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've got 4 cards that arrived in the last week or so.

Dave Martiny's "random plant growing in some ones front yard" which I find very pleasing. I like that the image is a little abstract and has nice tones.
    Johnny Walker's "my son Chris" is another winner, make me want to go fishing and I don't even fish.
    Rudiger's "into the light" great job with the pinhole, I really like the perspective and the compositions is nice with the arches and light at end of the hall.
    Moopheus’ "street sweeper" which took me a minute to figure out. Another favorite subject of mine, mechanical things, and the logo make the shot.

Thank's everyone!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got the dolls from Moopheus yesterday. My kids were intrigued by that one! We're putting all the postcards up in the kitchen.

Oh and I got my own yesterday, mailed from another city so not far but it survived fine.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    Meltronic - after reading about this picture from others glad I received one of the "pastoral" scene. The image draws you in and the white textured boarder caps it off brilliantly. The postcard arrived flat as a tack and as posted so I am curious as to the weight of the paper? It seams so flimsy yet survived how many automated mail facilities on the journey from TX to Melbourne Victoria? Thanks for your comments on my card too.
    Thank you for the positive review. The paper I use is listed as medium weight. I think it's just a matter of luck as to the condition these things arrive. If you like that paper it's one of the cheapest around at US$19.99 for 100 sheets...

http://freestylephoto.biz/401574-Ari...ets?cat_id=501

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    All the wonderful postcards are rolling in! I was planning on commenting on them all but once again I got behind! They are all great though. I haven't quite decided what picture I will print and am not even sure if the negative has been made yet! Hoping to have some time to go through my negatives this weekend.
    -Lori

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Today I got 5stringdeath's St. Louis summer and a couple of days ago Dave Martiny's plant. But yesterday no cards! "Real" mail is so scarce these days that I'd gotten used to thinking no mail was good. But now it's bad!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin