Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,733   Online: 1057

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Today I received BlackDog's awesome candle photograph. The wonderful postal service(s) barcoded the image side .. but for me that's just part of the "postcard" aesthetic, and luckily was on the side with more border. Plus now I have an untouched 67p stamp, hehe. Cheers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got Ruediger's "Into the light" today, beautiful lighting as the title suggests. Thanks! That's 3 so far (plus my own).
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got black dog's card which shows it's children (I belive they are it's). I enjoyed the photo very much. I remembered my own children which are adults now.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Uwe-they're my niece and nephew who I've been photographing since they were babies [if you got the square one, the look of intense concentration on my nephew's face is because he's fishing in a rockpool]. 5stringdeath-bad luck on the barcode but thanks for the appreciative comment!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received 5stringdeath's "Summer, Saint Louis, MO" today. Nice capture of an interesting moment. It's amazing to see all these people looking at the same object at the same time.

Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I received Ruediger's card on Thursday - Into the Light. I love the mouse-eye view and the two handrails, like tentacles pulling me into the unknown. Thank you Ruediger.

Matt

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've now recieved a handful of cards - hanging off the edge of the continent here means I'm always a few days behind everyone else - even other Canadians.

A building detail from Wheelock - I think from Robert McCann. Nice tonal range.
    "Into the Light" by Rudeiger. I like the low viewpoint.
    Fishing by Johnny Walker - a photo that illustrates why BC is the best place to live.
    Meltronic's pastoral scene with deer - very peaceful, and the perfectly posed deer is amazing.
    "Footprint, Sand, Pebbles" by oxleyroad - The longer format works well with the contrast in texture between the 2 sides.
    "Canal St" by Moopheus - graphic, good details chosen.
    Dave Martiny's random plant - gotta love the lovely edges to those leaves.
    Vlad's "Opium" - interesting selective focus.

My cards went in the mail yesterday. After reading all the differnt suggestions on how to optimize labels I decided it was less challenging to handwrite tham all. Previously I've made labels, but it's always driven me nuts to copy and paste and get things lined up right. Giving myself permission to take my time and address a dozen or so on those evenings when I'm sit in front of the TV, was much less stressful.
    My fellow Canucks all got boring stamps on theirs (sorry) but everyone elsewhere got oddball combinations. I used up old stamps I found at the back of the drawer bolstered by small denominations as needed. Lots of licking! If you don't like the photo, you can always look at the pretty stamps.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I received 5stringdeath's "Summer, Saint Louis, MO" today. Nice capture of an interesting moment. It's amazing to see all these people looking at the same object at the same time.

Thanks !
    Wow I'm amazed it made it to France so fast! Thanks for the comments

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi all

So far I have received cards from:

Black Dog
    Dave Martiny
    gurkenprinz
    johnnywalker
    meltronic
    Mike Wilde
    Oxleyroad
    paul_c5x4
    piu58
    rst
    vyshemirsky

There is also one card where I'm not able to identify the sender. It's sent from the US, and the the writing on the back is quite limited. It says something like 'Wheelock VT 2010' and and indication as to what is up on the image.

Thanks to everyone for sending, I'm working on getting darkroom time for my own cards.
    Regards

Birger A.

------------------

Idealism is easy on a full stomach

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Latest Arrivals!!!

5stringdeath: Interesting choice with the placement of the pole. Brings back good memories of going to the amusement park when I was younger.

Blackdog: Another nice summer shot, that brings back childhood memories. A family friend across town had a trampoline and I was always a real treat when we got to visit.

ccross: A cold wintery scene, in contrast to the two previous cards. I like it.

Roger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin