Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,413   Online: 1038

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I received two more cards recently...

Lillian Sly's "Snowing Again Today!" - Well maybe that's not the title but it works. I've really enjoyed going over this card with a magnifier. You captured lots of beautiful detail in the snow. A very peaceful, quiet image. Thank you Lillian.

anikin's "Tinkle Bell" - More snow! Very welcome for a guy who rarely gets to see it. I love the foreground detail of the rocks on the right side. In fact I think you could make an equally nice vertical format panoramic image from this negative using just the right third. I don't know what KRST is, but the blue tone is a great touch. Thank you Eugene.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got Lillian's Snowing Again and Black Dog's moment on a winter afternoon last week. Thanks! My collection is growing displayed in the kitchen for all to see and we're enjoying every one.
    Last edited by hpulley; 03-05-2011 at 04:10 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: seasonal dyslexia
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received Lilian's "Snowing again today" and Craig Cross's "Away for the winter" today. Two very nice landscapes, both with snow, which is something I really like.

Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Jake's (Black Dog's) Winter Afternoon yesterday. Nice shot of a young boy looking for something to pummel with a big stick!
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    This round's mystery card (I can't read the signature) titled "Whelock VT 2010".
    That would be mine- being new to the exchange, I provided much less info than some it seems. Apologies for the mystery. The image is an unexplained bit of woodworking leaning up against an abandoned house in Wheelock Vermont. MP / 35/2.0 ASPH on FP4+ in HC-110b. Prints are on Ilford MGIV.

Three cards have found their way here as of Friday (I missed the Post Office today): Moopheus: Street Sweeper, Rudiger: Into the Light and a wintry 4x5 contact print by Lillian. I'm looking forward to having that little snow on the ground again.

I'm loving these little surprises in the P.O. Box!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sepiareverb View Post
    That would be mine- being new to the exchange, I provided much less info than some it seems. Apologies for the mystery. The image is an unexplained bit of woodworking leaning up against an abandoned house in Wheelock Vermont. MP / 35/2.0 ASPH on FP4+ in HC-110b. Prints are on Ilford MGIV.

Three cards have found their way here as of Friday (I missed the Post Office today): Moopheus: Street Sweeper, Rudiger: Into the Light and a wintry 4x5 contact print by Lillian. I'm looking forward to having that little snow on the ground again.

I'm loving these little surprises in the P.O. Box!
    Thanks ! So your card is officially arrived !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ruediger's low angle image and Sly's snow scene have found their way to Bangkok. Another two to add to the impromptu coffee shop gallery board.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello again.

Received BoxBrownies trigpoint today, wonderful light across the top surface.
    "Away for the Winter" by Craig Cross came in last Saturday.

Thanks
    Regards

Birger A.

------------------

Idealism is easy on a full stomach

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards received:

Sly, snowing again today, lovely winter mood shot. Triggered by an earlier comment I too had a look at this photo through the loupe, there's a lot of detail indeed. Lillian, thanks also for the myriad of stamps. If only we had such a wide choice of stamps over here... (In other words: I'm afraid I won't be able to return the favour...)
    anikin, Hood river. Another winter scene. This is something special. The scenery, the shot; both nice, but then there is the toning. Now, that is something extraordinary indeed. I just keep looking at it. I haven't seen such tones before. Thanks.

I (finally) decided on a negative, and managed to print my cards last weekend. I hope to write and address them within the coming week, get some of those boring stamps we have here, and send them out.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Some more arrivals--HPulley's nicely grainy Night clings, Ignatiu5's Spires, Anikin's Tinkle Bell and sly's snow scene. Snow scenes look really nice when they're not your front yard. BoxBownie's Trig point, and Kevin's frozen flowers.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin