Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,190   Online: 1175

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718192021222327 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got Kevin's frozen flowers too, thanks!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I got four cards at once! One card was from round #21, but three belongs to this round: Frozen leaves by Kevin, Hard rubbish by Fleath and Canals street by Moopheus. I enjoyed these cards very much, and my wife enjeoyed them too.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    When ever I go out looking for urban decay, I can never seem to get anything that I think is worth a print. The card from moopheus gives me hope - Nice shot, thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all, two more cards have found there way to my place in the last week. Lilian Sly's "Snowing again today" has had my 5 yr old asking why all the white dust is covering everything? I will have to take him to the mountains this winter to experience snow for himself. Love all the stamps on the card as well. Second arrived today and it was from Kevin Kehler's frozen leaves. Look like flowers to me but that aside, I really am drawn into the image because of the tonal range and depth of field.

Thanks.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally able to drop my cards in the post! Hopefully they'll be arriving in mailboxes all over very soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Four more has arrived

Since my last post I've received the following:

Anikin: Tinkle Bell.
    Kevin Kehler: Frozen leaves.
    Ignatiu5: Spires.
    Lillian Sly: Snowing again today. (As it did here today)

Thanks to all.
    Regards

Birger A.

------------------

Idealism is easy on a full stomach

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got two today!

TINKLE BELL from anikin, love the blue and KRST toning, great find there.

And wonderful tides of "Cobequid Bay" from George Nova Scotia.

Thanks to you both!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This was a good week for postcards !!

I received :

Anikin's Tinkle bell. Very nice viw of a river in the cold, the blue toning adds to the image, as does the slow speed.

ignatius5's Spires. I'd have expected the view to have been taken somewhere in Eastern Europe.

Kevin Kehler's frozen leaves. I love the composition, and the details !

BoxBrownie's Southwick Hill Trig point. Nice image of a mundane subject !! The blurry bokeh makes it look very old (or was it the effect of the expired Tri-X ? )
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is really a good week !

Today I got Black Dog's view gathered in Carteret (is it the Carteret in France, in front of Jersey ?). Very nice image of a kid fishing, the motion blur makes the picture live !.

George Richard's Cobequid Bay, lovely landscape with a great lighting.

Thanks to you both !!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm long overdue in responding to the cards I've received, so in no particular order, here goes:

Black Dog -- "A moment observed on a summer afternoon" -- It's nice how the eye can circle through the three major points of interest.

Mike Wilde -- #1: "Post Industrial Abandon" -- Nice, lots of convergent perspective lines. #2: "Leo's fish and chips" -- It's fun to sort through the details -- the picture on the wall, the gumball machine, the clock. #3: "Toronto's Younge at Dundas" -- As an avid cyclist, I'm always amazed by these things, are they all DIY home built, or can you buy them like this somewhere?

Ignacius -- "Spires" -- If you're not careful, you almost miss the moon.

Lillian Sly -- "Snowing again" -- The subdued contrast conveys a sense of bittersweet solitude, almost dreariness.

meltronic -- I like it; the reflections, the deer, the silhouetted tree. It's been a long time since I've seen ragged edge paper like that.

Oxleyroad -- "Footprints, Sand and Pebbles" -- Nice. Sometimes you don't realize what toning can do for a print until you put it next to an untoned one.

Fleath -- I looked at this picture for a long time. I kept coming back to imagining it with someone -- maybe your girlfriend? -- sitting in the chair reading a newspaper.

Moopheus -- I looked at this one for a long time, too. It took me a while until I knew what I was looking at.

Kevin Kehler -- Very nice; the black background gives no context to the subject, keeping the viewer's focus on the shape, texture and composition.

Aikin -- The blue tone adds to the icy feel of the image. I've never seen a photo toned blue quite like this before.

Thanks to all, I'm looking forward to more!

Regards,

Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin