Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,768   Posts: 1,516,491   Online: 846

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122232428 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Four more have come in since my last round of comments:

Anakin – Tinkle Bell A beautiful toning effort. Blue suits the scene. Nice pick on shutter speed, to still leave some definition of contours in the water flow. The tilt of the horizon is the only minor niggle I can note.

George Nova Scotia – Cobequid Bay Well, George, if this is what 35mm Tri X in HC-110 can look like, I should be shooting this combination a whole lot more often. Wow. The S shaped path your eye first takes as it navigates its way through the image’s foreground is a real treat. Great eye or wonderful serendipity on that feature. My 11yo son claimed that the flattened grasses in the foreground looked like a ‘couch’. To him I said it would be a seat that would leave you wet if you sat there. The curch on the far shore gives a great sense of scale. Nicely done.

Ignatiu5 – Spires A nice treat. I at first thought this would be an image captured on an eastern European holiday to Russia or Turkey. Good choice of contrast when printing. I think I see a hint of the moon in the corner at the top, This tiny detail gets me away from being concerned about the hint of converging verticals seen in the spire at the lhs.

Kevin Kehler – Frozen Flowers A very tasteful application of the use of an orange filter. I will have to try this more often myself. The almost IR effect this yields, without the graininess of IR is most welcome. If the tiny part of the petal coming into the top left corner had been burned out, I think it would be a stronger image. I am not advocating burning every postcard print, but with a larger print suited to be mounted and hung this I think would help.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike,

Thank you for nice comments! Yeah, I too don't like the horizon. The camera was on tripod standing in the stream, and I was blindly pointing it from the shore trying to avoid swimming at this time of the year. I guess I'll just add it to my drunk photographer's series - I've got quite a few of those already ;-)

Eugene.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Things are speeding up. One card yesterday, four today (one of which is from round 21).

Moopheus, Canal St., a very interesting shot. At first it was hard to grasp the scale, but looking more closely shows the true size of the lettering and the partial sign. Well spotted, I wonder if I would have seen the potential had I walked past it.
    Kevin Kehler, Frozen flowers. I had read some comments about it, which had made me curious. And... I'm not disappointed. Quite the contrary, I think it's a very nice shot.
    Black Dog, gathered from coincidence. Just the right sharpness where needed, and the blur of movement where... well, also where needed. Sorry if you have answered this before, but what camera was used? I see some darkening towards the corners, which is great for this shot.
    George Nova Scotia, Cobequid Bay. Great detail, lovely contrast. Nice serene scenery.

And with this comment posted, I will return to my writing desk and address my (soon to be yours) postcards for this round.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did I mention that my cards went in the mail today? No? Well, my cards went in the mail today. I hope they all make it to their new homes soon.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ruediger’s Into the Light is beautiful. The burned in corners of the foreground compel you to draw (at least your gaze) into the light.

The softer contrast of Sly’s Snowing again today makes me think of how a good snowfall muffles all of the sounds, certainly in the open as here, but even within a downtown urban core like where I used to live. I miss that.

George’s Cobequid Bay shows great afternoon light. I love all of the striations at different angles in the sand.

Nice textures in the frozen leaves from Kevin Kehler. The depth of field choice is great.

Black Dog’s A Moment Observed…: As others have mentioned, the movement captured here really adds to this photo; a faster shutter speed wouldn’t have given nearly the same flavour, in my opinion. Focused little man!

Thanks again to everyone; going to the mailbox should always be this much fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    13 Mar 2011

I finally made time to get into the darkroom to print my cards. They went into the mail on Wednesday, so you should be seeing them soon. The one thing I forgot to put on the labels was that they are selenium toned for about 1 minute (1:10 KRST).

This is the first time I have visited APUG in two weeks. When I get a free evening I will comment on the cards I have received.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I printed most of my cards today... I have 36 drying at the moment, and no more glossy paper... I have to decide whether I print the same image on pearl paper (which is getting back to positive temp at the moment .

I hope I'll have them gone by the end of the week !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Three more cards since my last post. "Spires" from ignatiu5. Like others my immediate thought was Russia. Would never have thought that style of achitecture would be in Florida. Second card a wonderfully blue toned winter scene from anikin. Final card which arrived yesterday from moopheus titled "moving". All very good.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received 3 more cards: Kevin Kehler's frozen leaves -lovely composition - they look very much like flowers, and I'm curious as to how you got the background so black.; George Nova Scotia's Cobequid Bay, great tones and detail; and Anikin's Tinkle Bell, a nice picture of the Hood River toned in blue - works great with the snow, and I'm going to give it a try, since we still have a lot of snow left!
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Couple more trickled in since last week - George Nova Scotia's Cobequid Bay - DRPSilver's Moonlight -I loved how both of these were of similar subject matter yet both unique. Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin