Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,523   Online: 1055

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1317181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have three to report.
    Rocks and Grass by Seadrive, I love this shot. great life to the grassy area, great texture and tones.
    True Love from Matt King, such great texture in this one.
    Ice Bird by Laurent, this is such a nice shot.

-Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My only card for the past week is Laurent's Icebird. I agree - keeping your eyes open for those fleeting scenes often result in some wonderful images.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Post cards in the mail this morning. Hope you enjoy them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A beautiful coastal photo by crispin made it to my mailbox. The question is, if this was taken on Velvia,
    is this a reversal print?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    CrispinUK – Cornwall First Light. A delicious mist rendered in hues of vibrant blues and magentas. The s shape that you eye follows as it chases the low lying mist around the rocks is very well executed in this image.
    DRPSilver – Moonlight Bolinas Lago – a superb use of thirds in the composition of this image. The incorporation of the city buildings at the edge gives the image a good point of reference as to its scale. Another great use of the s shape to pull your eye to the highlights as they flow from the foreground to the horizon.
    Fleath- Hard Rubbish. Alex, you have brought back memories of my 4 years spent working in Australia with this image. The iconic concrete utility pole with angle steel corners does this the most. A very suitable use of matte finished paper and the toning.
    Jacco – Sycamore gap. A very nice iconic image. Very good texture is held in all surfaces of interest from highlights to all but the darkest shadows, that keeps your eye drawn in exploring the image in more detail after the first impression. Nicely executed.
    Laurent – Ice Bird. A delicious moment caught by serendipity. Greta use if the glow of the sky at the top of the image, and the shallow dof, although whether by design or chance, the end result is most enticing.
    Matt King – True Love A good tonal gradation resulted from the way that the natural light fell across the image. Tack sharp. I like how the tail of the arrow draws you into the details in the shadows.
    Rob Skeotch – Lens Test. Nice subject, lens, and film all lead to the vibrant grian free rendering of this vibrant scene. The stark almost white hair of the model, the black jacket she wears, and the slightly out of focus background spectra of graffiti os great. Of course at f/1.1 the background had better be slightly out of focus shouldn’t it?
    Seadrive – Grass among rocks. Texture, texture, texture and a delicate cast of mid tone hues in this image. A great example of what a short tonal scale image can achieve.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My cards are in the mail, enjoy.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    3 more arrived:
    Torn Sign - Laurent: good abstract interesting low tones. very good actually
    Metropolitan Pipe- Morpheus: urban landscape & snow, my favourites together
    Untitled - Rob Skeoch: Colour, impressive print, good selective focus @F.1.1. I wouldn't be brave enough to shoot that wide open for fear of misfocussing. No trouble here though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another one: from Tim Gray
    Max the dog. Very nice tonality. Frame edge works really well on this one. Plus it's the 1st one to get through the post without a scratch!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got two in the mail today! 7 more to go!

Tim Gray's cute dog in a blankie!! My kids love this one and I do too.

And Mark Rewald's Round Barn. Great shot, I love barns and this one is unique, I have never seen a round barn before. Great contrast in the white sides and dark roof and the sky is great too. Nice to see how 5x7" Ilford MGIV Glossy makes it through the mail too.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    After a long time of an empty letter box I got yetsterday Tim Gray's photo of his dog. Very nice photo indeed!

I forgot to mention that I received Laurent's Torn sign card. At the first glance I found it contrast-less, but as longer I looked at it the more I saw the fine shadings of gray.

12/20 until now, not bad.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin