Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,790   Online: 767

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2226272829303132
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the kind comments. I took three shots of the scene, two without the figure and one with him, it was a kind of candid shot, I needed to be quick.

The negative was printed with no cropping and I also printed it down quite heavily, however this unfortunately exposed the signs of uneven development (not so careful agitation). A straight print, as I needed to be quick, although I believe it would have benefitted from some dodging and burning.

I admit I'm not fully happy with this image, I couldn't decide for a long time whether I should print it soft to reveal detail or to go for a full graphic effect with only a few shades of grey. Maybe I'll come back to it at a later time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There isn't a long period of time a card doesn't arrive, this constant flow of cards in my mailbox is a real pleasure.

JSt: This photo reminds me of many family gatherings with my aunt playing the piano.

djhopscotch: Your card arrived with quite a few dirty fingerprints of postmen on it that I couldn't recognise for a short time as they blend so well with the micropattern of the floor.

I agree with Mike about correcting for the verticals, although I might have simply taken it from a lower point. I like very much the crop, there seems to be a good balance which remains interesting and not overly relaxed.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    28/30. Best round ever. Black Dog - just don't know what to say. Everything about the picture says perfection. The framing of the white border the range of tone, the depth of field and lighting. Here is a card that I need to lift my game up to. Jake your card (for me) was worth the wait.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks!-did I send you Zoe and Floss or Jean and Pebble?
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    djhopscotch polished(floor) card made it thru the backlog.
    jst's card made it as well. Strange, my brain has a little trouble with the focal plane running diagonal across the card.

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Right, now I've definitely sent out all mine!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Thanks!-did I send you Zoe and Floss or Jean and Pebble?
    How do I tell Jake. You card came with a quote from Tom Waits.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah, now I remember!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blackdog's card has made it to my mailbox here in Bangkok.

A great round for me - 17/20. Only Aron's, Fleath's and Howard's haven't arrived. Thanks to all!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unfortunately, life got in the way. But now all of my postcards have been sent. thanks, Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin