Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,543   Online: 1364

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    >I have an extra postcard here on my desk, Uwe, would you be interested to exchange 1 extra print?

Dear vyshemirksy,

I have an extra card too. If you e-mail me your adress I snail mail you the card.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    >Better still, scan and post it in the gallery (unless you want to send one to everyone )

A scan is not the real thing, but look here:

It is secession style like large parts of the Budapest zoological garden.
    Last edited by piu58; 02-13-2011 at 02:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Received Vlad's "Opium" nice image, really like all the tones and textures, and the fiber paper is good too.

Roger

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    A scan is not the real thing, <snip>
    It is secession style like large parts of the Budapest zoological garden.
    Thanks - These older buildings have an appeal that is lacking in much modern architecture.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Likewise!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    BTW, while we talk about the labels here, I put a list of the labels in print form into the PM as well as a line representation which might we good to import into some office programs as address data. Is anyone using this representation at all? And if so, are there any problems using it or would it be better in another format?

Cheers
    Ruediger
    I use both formats, alternating each round. Still have not decided which method is better... Thanks for the opportunity to procrastinate and decide which works better.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just caught up on all of the past 6-7 pages of this thread and surprised we have nearly 3 pages discussing labels and labeling...

Anyway, Mike Wildes three postcards came in the post today. Thanks Mike. I like them all, and the stories behind each one. Wished I had kept a heap of some old paper I had from the 70s when I first played in the dark room with my dad. Could not get it to develop successfully in commercial developers so threw it out as I did not think there was an alternative for me. Have since learned there is, just make my own soup.

My prints went out today.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    13 Feb 2011

To All:

Last Friday I received a call informing me that my uncle had just died. I will be attending his funeral on Friday, returning on Sunday. This means not time in the darkroom this weekend. Additionaly it means that I will not have my cards in the mail until early March, maybe earlier if things work out well.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Last edited by drpsilver; 02-14-2011 at 01:17 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added clarifiying text

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    Last Friday I received a call informing me that my uncle had just died. I will be attending his funeral on Friday, returning on Sunday. This means not time in the darkroom this weekend. Additionaly it means that I will not have my cards in the mail until early March, maybe earlier if things work out well.
    Sorry about your uncle Darwin. I doubt that sending early March will make you to a latecomer. Last rounds showed that it is good to have a four month schedule. So do not feel bad if you send early March.

And honestly, I see postcards arriving late as an extension of the fun. IIRC in the round 20 timeframe I received a postcard for round 16. That was a nice surprise.

Cheers
    Ruediger

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Me too-just recieved one from last year!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin