Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,503   Online: 787

Page 1 of 32 123456711 ... LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images

Postcard Exchange Round 22 - Comments and Feedback

Hi all,

Again, as in previous rounds, let us move from the sign-up thread to this thread to collect comments, feedback, being-late-announcements and my-cards-are-in-the-mail-messages.

I am looking forward to this new round and I hope that everybody will have fun.

Cheers
    Ruediger

And here is again the list of this rounds participants:

5stringdeath (20)
    anikin (MAX)
    Aron (MAX)
    Azzy (15)
    BirgerA (MAX)
    Black Dog (MAX)
    BoxBrownie (20)
    ccross (20)
    crispinuk (25)
    Dave Martiny (30)
    djhopscotch (25)
    drpsilver (MAX)
    Fleath (MAX)
    George Nova Scotia (MAX)
    gordrob (30)
    gurkenprinz (40)
    HowardDvorin (MAX)
    hpulley (20)
    htimsdj (10)
    ignatiu5 (25)
    johnnywalker (20)
    jst (15)
    Kevin Kehler (MAX)
    kraker (25)
    Laurent (MAX)
    lorirfrommontana (MAX)
    Marianne (20)
    markrewald (MAX)
    MattKing (28)
    meltronic (25)
    Mick Fagan (61)
    Mike Wilde (30)
    Moopheus (MAX)
    Oxleyroad (30)
    ozphoto (20)
    paul_c5x4 (15)
    piu58 (20)
    rai (25)
    Rob Skeoch (MAX)
    rst (40)
    rtbadman (MAX)
    seadrive (25)
    sepiareverb (20)
    sly (40)
    Tim Gray (MAX)
    vyshemirsky (20)
    Wayne Frederick (20)

And the extra addresses for those with some spare cards:

Sean Ross
    P.O. Box 478
    Whangaparaoa
    Hibiscus Coast
    New Zealand

Simon Galley
    HARMAN Technology Ltd
    Town Lane
    Mobberley, Knutsford
    Cheshire, WA16 7JL
    United Kingdom

Brad Kruchten
    President Film Products Group
    Eastman Kodak Company
    343 State Street
    Rochester, New York 14650
    USA

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let the mayhem begin!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I printed and organized my mailings over the Christmas holidays, when home with the kids on their school break.
    So I stamped and addressed the cards (well envelopes, I confess, to the consternation of some), and am about to mail them.
    I have a couple of 'extras' held back for the inevitable address changes, etc.

Now I am off to the rest of the fun for the evening - doing a better job of shoveling the driveway, after yesterday's snow is now finished, and the winds have finally died down and stopped blowing it around.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My cards are on it's way. Enjoy it!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Mine are printed and ready to be sent. What should I write on the back?
    Just the address? My name as well? The title of the photograph or anything else?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your name is always good. A lot of people write some of the details (film, developer, paper, camera) on the back as well, but it's certainly not required.

(sorry - I'm not in this exchange although I've been in quite a few. Enjoy!)
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vyshemirsky View Post
    Mine are printed and ready to be sent. What should I write on the back?
    Just the address? My name as well? The title of the photograph or anything else?
    I always appreciate your APUG screen name and an indication that it is sent as part of Postcard Exchange #22. A title is nice too. And additional details - they are great!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear vyshemirsky,

it is advisable to use adhesive labes for the adress and the text as well. Most of us write the text this way.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Printed 25 today for my first postcard exchange on Ilford MGIV RC Portfolio postcard! 20 for the exchange plus Sean, Brad, Simon and Sue at Ilford as well plus one for myself to see how it survives a short trip through the post.

I thought we were supposed to wait until tomorrow before posting them in case of address problems? I suppose we can always print and send more if there are errors.

I have some mailing labels so perhaps I'll see if I can get my printer to spit them out before I give up in frustration. My penmanship is not the neatest but I will do my best if it comes down to that...

I think I'll go for the max next time as it is fun. I don't usually print this small (5x7 is usually my smallest) and I never print in quantity like this so it is good practice. Usually I just print make prints until I get it right while this time I had to make an exposure test print, 3 working prints and then try to make 25 ones that are the same. There are variations of course... I considered going easy on myself and printing one which can be printed straight but I opted instead for one that I had to dodge and burn, again good practice though I got a bit mechanical and linear at one point, must remember to keep my motions circular even when doing the same motions for 25 prints in a row.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Man, some of you guys are fast. I certainly haven't decided on a picture yet; it's quite possible I haven't taken it yet I'm down on postcard paper too and need to order that...

Page 1 of 32 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin