Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,616   Online: 688

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Well, my cards went out two weeks ago but it appears only two people have received them so far -- don't know why the post is so slow! (I haven't received anything either in that time frame).
    mooseontheloose, your postcard arrived within 5 days as to be expected I guess as Japan is just above Oz. Spectacular image - 'dreamy'.

Another 3 cards have arrived since the 11th.

HPulley - 2nd colour post card to arrive. Just like I read earlier it has a vintage look. Wish I was there.

ccross - Flowing Hair, opps water. Great image. I was surprised to see that this card got throught the postal system. Every corner dog eared and the card overall somewhat 'scrunched'. But it got here and after a week pressed in a large book it has almost come back to a good flat image.

MattKing - Life Rafts. A picture that make me think of my childhood days when I sold papers on the street corner just down the road from a travel agent. They always seemed to have large cruise posters that forever changed on the wall just behind where the agent sat.

I am halfway through printing all my images so mine will go out right at the end of the month at the rate I am progressing.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I received George Richards' Cold steel. The very compressed cutting gives an interesting view. Thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Comments on some cards that arrived before I headed off on vacation three weeks ago now.
    They just surfaced in my ‘stuff’ as I was filing prints that came in after I was back from holidaying.

Semuese - ‘Rocks at Gilbert’s Bar’- A nice cross processed image. I have fiddled around with this process adaptation in the past. I have found that you pick one thing to have a ‘real colour, and everything else is some wonky way off colour . Your example shows that this is not always the case. The cyan shifted sand seems to work alright here. The image is also very nicely framed and sharp as well.

J Rollinger –‘Pinky and I’- A neat, abstract image that works visually. It also has me guessing technically how you made it.
    It looks to me like some kind of a dark room, and triggering of a flash while the lens was held open to do the lighting. I can imagine the two fingers that are visible being part of the hand that was holding a flash trigger. The lens shutter does not have a ‘time’ setting like a view camera shutter, as far as I know. I cannot see a cable release in the front shutter release. So how was the shutter held open?
    So perhaps a black string on the vertical shutter release, triggered by your foot, etc? Then that would allow ambient lighting of the scene. Or maybe the string holds the shutter open, and the light is from a flash after all? Very intriguing.

Roger Thoms – ‘Yard Office’ Nice symmetry. Maybe very slight, but not objectionable, vertical convergence distortion. Good tonality in the highlights and shadows. The distortions in the reflections of the image shown in the door window panes is a neat twist.
    I might have placed the highlights to be a bit brighter, but if this sits on the waterfront there is a good chance it was overcast from the seemingly everpresent fog/low cloud that SF bay near the coast is famous for, and the slightly grey whites are thus appropriate.

Sorry for the delay in posting my comments.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received George Richard's Cold Steel. The compressed perspective and narrow angle of view makes it a very nice picture. Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Comments on some cards that arrived before I headed off on vacation three weeks ago now.
    They just surfaced in my ‘stuff’ as I was filing prints that came in after I was back from holidaying.

J Rollinger –‘Pinky and I’- A neat, abstract image that works visually. It also has me guessing technically how you made it.
    It looks to me like some kind of a dark room, and triggering of a flash while the lens was held open to do the lighting. I can imagine the two fingers that are visible being part of the hand that was holding a flash trigger. The lens shutter does not have a ‘time’ setting like a view camera shutter, as far as I know. I cannot see a cable release in the front shutter release. So how was the shutter held open?
    So perhaps a black string on the vertical shutter release, triggered by your foot, etc? Then that would allow ambient lighting of the scene. Or maybe the string holds the shutter open, and the light is from a flash after all? Very intriguing.

Sorry for the delay in posting my comments.
    Thanks for the comment Mike!
    The shot was accidental. There was a nice beam of light coming through my kitchen window into the bathroom so i decided to take a snapshot of me in the bathroom mirror. I metered the light, set the shutter speed and was about to fire the shutter when my cat Pinky jumped on my back. It was natural light and i am holding a cable release in my hand.

hwv
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    During the last month I had too much to do for work so I wasn't able to comment on those wonderful cards I enjoyed to receive. I will make up for that.

Last week I realised that july is proceeding to the end now so I printed my postcards. Since last saturday, they are on their way. Hope you enjoy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone for the comments so far. I've received two cards in the last week, Trond's "Beach" and George's "Cold Steel". The former seems very abstract to me, with lots going on (and at the same time, not), while the former has beautiful light and really does convey the cold, something quite welcome in the sweltering heat of Japan right now.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too got Rachelle (mooseontheloose)'s wonderful EIR Monestary image today. My daughter loves the picture and especially the Hello Kitty stamp! She was hoping it was for her so it will hang in her room. Thanks!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    I too got Rachelle (mooseontheloose)'s wonderful EIR Monestary image today. My daughter loves the picture and especially the Hello Kitty stamp! She was hoping it was for her so it will hang in her room. Thanks!
    Thanks! Unfortunately (or fortunately in your daughter's case), the Hello Kitty series is one of the only (if not, the only) set of stamps that are stickers (or seals, as they say in Japan) -- all others are lick-only, and that's just too many for the postcard exchange!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All stamps are stickers now in Canada it seems.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin