Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,958   Online: 1117

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, today was the last day of the semester (Japanese university system) and I was rewarded with two postcards in the mail today:

Valerie's Houston Art Car Parade is an interesting subject, although I'm not sure about the fingerprint above it (?) ;-)

Also, hwv's Eiffel Tower also arrived -- love the angle, the crop, the contrast, the light. A great take on a tourist icon and my favorite of the round so far. Thanks!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Darwin(DPRSilver)'s "St. Paul's, Salt Sprint Is." contact print yesterday. Looks like small secluded church. Was a mask or easel used? The edges are very rectangular for a contact print.

I also received Trond's "Beach", an interesting beach composition. I wonder what paper was used, etc. What is a Thermaphot, a drum or other paper processor?

Thanks to both!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think thermaphot made both roller processors (some of which I think were branded as Ilford's) and some slot processors.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    I also received Trond's "Beach", an interesting beach composition. I wonder what paper was used, etc. What is a Thermaphot, a drum or other paper processor?
    Thanks for you comment! I have a Thermaphot ACP 302 (http://thermaphot.de/us/acp/acp302.html), which is a roller processor. The paper is Adox MCP and the film Fomapan 100. Shot with a Pentax SV and a Super-Takumar 24mm.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    three more cards in the box!

George Richards Cold Steel - great railroad shot with crisp shadows and detail

Darwin (drpsilver)'s St. Paul's, Salt Spring Is. - wonderful contact print of what appears to be a tiny isolated church

and Rachelle (mooseontheloose)'s Tiger's Nest Monastery - fantastic infrared image of a Bhutanese monastery framed by glowing prayer flags (at first glance, the flags appear to be from a flame thrower!)

Beautiful work!
    Kris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Comments on some cards that arrived before I headed off on vacation three weeks ago now.
    They just surfaced in my ‘stuff’ as I was filing prints that came in after I was back from holidaying.

Semuese - ‘Rocks at Gilbert’s Bar’- A nice cross processed image. I have fiddled around with this process adaptation in the past. I have found that you pick one thing to have a ‘real colour, and everything else is some wonky way off colour . Your example shows that this is not always the case. The cyan shifted sand seems to work alright here. The image is also very nicely framed and sharp as well.
    Thanks Mike! I've found that I get a more vintage feel (slightly off, weird saturation) when I use expired film (these were shot on ektachrome dated 1999) instead of the wacky shifts obtained with newer film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    I am halfway through printing all my images so mine will go out right at the end of the month at the rate I am progressing.
    Still not a lot of progress from my end. I will be a week or two late. Sorry everyone. I trust there is no one with arachnophobia
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more arrived today.

hwv's Eiffel Tower. Very dramatic shading on the iconic tower. Great detail too.

And Valerie's "Through the Gift Shop," quite an art image of quite an art car!

Thanks to you both.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I to received the Eiffel Tower, very nice!!!

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I’ve received card(s) from 12 people so far in this 23rd exchange (plus my own):

ccross - “Paper Negative Swirl” - nice use of a paper negative to show movement
    Dave Martiny - “Untitled” (coils) - moody and evocative
    drpsilver - “St Paul’s, Salt Spring Is.” - always nice to see a visitor’s take on what is not far from my own neighbourhood - an interesting old church and a very nice print
    George Nova Scotia - “Cold Steel” - it almost feels cold to touch it!
    hpulley - “A bit young for coffee” - interesting old time colour that fits well with the subject
    Mike Wilde - “Stage and Shanty”, “Overcast Spring Day Walk” & “Queen Anne’s Lunch” - Mike’s ‘three for the price of one’ submissions are always intriguing, if only because they showcase such a variety of old papers. My favourite this time is “Overcast Spring Day Walk” because of the gorgeous image tone
    mooseontheloose - “Tiger’s Nest Monastery” - fantastic image, in all meanings of the word
    Roger Thoms - “Yard Office” - a very nice print and an interesting vignette
    rst - “Torches in Heidelberg” - like the image, and also like the image colour in the print
    semeuse - “House of Refuge at Gilbert’s Bar” - the colour from the cross processing adds to the windswept look
    Trond - “Beach” - I like the beach details - if only the recent events in Norway didn’t make the card seem much more eerie and sad
    Valerie - “Through the Gift Shop” - this card (and car) definitely made me smile

12 down, 16 to go

Thanks to everyone for participating.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin