Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,032   Online: 735

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have to apologize: I will be late this round. I managed to send out three cards last week, but I won't be able to send the remaining cards on their way until tomorrow - one day after the deadline! At least I finished making, addressing, and stamping the cards on time (just a few minutes ago).

Also, I'm very sorry that I have been virtually silent in this thread. That doesn't mean that I haven't received any cards. Here's what the mailman has delivered so far:
    semeuse's Jensen Beach: This is the only color print I have received so far this round. The colors look really cool!
    Roger Thoms's Yard Office: I'm really impressed by the print. There is so much detail and the tonality is wonderful.
    rst's Sunday Morning Findings: This is a really nice print. I quite like the matte paper. The image really reminds me of Germany. I think it's the pavement.
    mooseontheloose's Tiger's Nest Monastery: I really like the composition.The slight flaring of the infrared film works extremely well for this image, I think.
    Trond's Beach: I like the wide border of this card. I think it works very well with that piece of wood in the picture. Also, a beach is the perfect subject matter for a postcard.
    hwv's Eiffel Tower: I quite like the composition with the lines in this image. I think this is a really good and very original take on the tower.
    andrew.vartabedian's Trestle: I love the symmetry in the shot. It's a really neat photo. It's also making me want to use Rodinal again.

The quality of all the cards I have received so for is amazing. I'm really looking forward to the rest of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also received Darwin's "St. Paul's, Salt Spring Is." card -- a really nice contact print of what appears to be a pretty small church. Thanks!

That's 17 cards so far -- only 25 more to go! ;-) As always, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is going to send for this round.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I finally got a few minutes to myself and thought I would post a few quick comments about the cards I’ve received so far.

Through the Gift Shop (Valerie) – I haven’t really shot much in square format, but I really like the little square print and the streaky edge.
    Trestle (Andrew) – I think this is a great print.
    Eiffel Tower (Heinz) – I just got my first bottle of Rodinal (Adinol). I haven’t tried it yet, but hope it is similar. Great detail and tonality.
    Little Rock Central H.S. (Inez) – This reminds me so much of my daughters school, a beautiful, old stone and brick building.
    St. Pauls (Darwin) – Beautiful little contact print of an old church. Love the detail.
    Beach (Trond) – I’m not sure why, but this is one of my favourites. I think it is the simplicity of it (and the fact that I just returned from a few weeks at a each and am already missing it).
    The Watchtower (Kris) – I like the grainy look of the sky/clouds. I bet the view from the tower is amazing.
    Yard Office (Roger) – Another of my favourites. I really like the strong contrast.
    Guardian Angel (Sandra) – I like to shoot at one of the local cemeteries, where there are several similar carved statues. I really like the smooth stone and the amazing detail.
    Untitled (Dave) – You really can spin it around and you get some weird optical effect (or maybe that’s the lack of sleep setting in).
    No Bikes (Rudiger) – I always enjoy your pictures Rudiger and really like the paper you printed this one on. I haven’t had the chance to try any Adox papers yet.
    Life Rafts (Matt King) – I’ve ridden on those ferries a few times and thankfully never had to worry about testing the 50-person limit.
    A bit young for coffee (Harry) – Love the tones in this picture. I have a few rolls of Ektar 100 in the fridge waiting for me to get brave enough to try colour processing in my basement.
    3 Prints (Mike) – I really like Print 2 and the paper it is printed on. I`m sure it hasn`t been available for years, that seems to be what happens when I come across these papers.
    Canoo Trip (Uwe) – Very cool, love the texture of the water.
    Pinky & I (Jim) – When I first picked up your picture I was holding it vertically thinking ‘how did he get a cat to sit on his head like that?’
    Cold Steel (George) – I hope that train wasn’t coming at you while taking the picture. Very nice, another of my favourite.
    Quansit in Snow (Cameron) – Very cool textures and great exposure for the snow. Unfortunately, the postman must have thought this was a ‘Scratch ‘n Sniff’ picture, the bottom left corner looks like someone was scratching it.

That’s it so far, thanks to everyone for all the great images.

Take care,
    Craig
    Please note, no digital photographers were harmed in the posting of this message.

My Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/58094723@N02/
    (you can just ignore the digital images)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received two cards while I was away last week.

Inez Little Rock Central HS using a modified Diana for 35mm, I'm impressed that Fuji CA paper came through the mail so well! I was worried that color paper was too thin so I bulked mine up with mailing labels but it seems I need not have worried! So far that is 3 color images this round. I love the tones in the stonework with the blue sky a nice contrast.

And Andres' self portrait. I love the profile and think the outline around the exposed bricks must be meant to look like a face as well. Nice to see the Ilfospeed paper, beautiful glossy finish and it survived the post well. I like the contrast of Acros in HC-110.

Thanks to you both!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also received Andres' self-portrait with bricks. I like the exposed brick layer - the shape and shadow makes it seem like a comic-book type thought bubble. What a thought full of bricks means, well, I'm not judging. ;-) Nice work.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First, let me thank all those from whom I have received wonderful cards in the mail.

Second, please accept my apologies for my lateness. I have recently accepted a new position in a new state and city. I had hoped to get cards printed and shipped before the deadline, but time spent apartment searching, packing, shipping, etc. has meant that I won't be printing until the darkroom is set up again in September. I will have postcards sent out as soon as I'm able. Thank you for your understanding.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I finally printed my (soon to be your) cards today.

I will address and post them this week.

Once that is done, I will take some time to comment on the cards received so far. For now, let me just say that this is yet another great round.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was for two weeks out of town and received quite a lot cards in that time:

Andreas Palm's Self portrait with bricks,
    Valerie's Through the gift shop
    Heinz-Willi's Eifelturm
    Andrew Vartabedian's Dock Hollow
    Darwin's St. Paul's, Salt Spring
    Allen Friday's Dry Falls

Thank you for these fine photographs!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear all postcarders,

Thanks for every card received over the last two months, I will get back to everyone in detail, when I have posted mine.

I printed them all actually a month ago, it took me some time to find the motive, and when I finally printed them all, I decided to do it on baryta paper. I will get back to the details in a later post.

I'm sorry I am late with these, but July has been a strange month here in Oslo, as you probably all have read in the news. Me and my family left the city after the incident and went to stay with relatives in the countryside. Now we are back in the flat and things are the same as before, yet different.

I look forward to send you all my postcard, as I'm quite fond of the motive myself

Best,

Marius

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just sent my postcards. I printed them a long time ago, but could never find the time to label and post them. At least that's my excuse ;-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin