Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,947   Online: 1005

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd like to thank everyone for the beautiful images received this round and regret to say that my cards are still waiting to be posted. I printed them back in July but a major project at the workplace got in the way of labelling and sending them. I'll try my best to get them all out in September, I hope it's still okay.

I really do hope to get organized for the final round this year and would hate to miss the Autumn edition

regards,
    Jˇzsef

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got kraker's Elmo at the Market today. I love the framing! Thanks.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marius' and Anikin's cards also arrived this week.

I also love the SFX feel to your card Marius, and like Rachelle, need to give this paper a test myself! I actually like the Viradon brown tone - it makes me think of images from "way back when".

Anikin's "Snow" brought a smile to my face - it's hot here in Thailand, but I'm hoping at some stage to get to Europe for a nice white winter!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got Marius 44/60 on interesting textured Fomabrom paper. Looks almost like a moonlit cloud but I know it is IR.

I'm not sure the envelope helps actually. The cancellation marks left imprints and the corners are a little bit bent. It looks about the same, except for less scuffing. I think one needs to go to the trouble of cardboard padding to really protect a print but thanks for trying and for sending it! I love seeing the different papers and excellent original prints in my hand, much better than a book or under glass.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have been quiet for a while and in that time another ten cards have arrived. All brilliant work and captures the eyes of all the guests to our home. I now have 22/30. Not bad going given I was so late in getting out my own.

My comments in no particular order;
    masimix - moon in the clouds. Brilliant paper and toning? Almost out of this world. I have not read other posts on your card (must do so), was it toned or a specific developer? What paper?

Mark Rewald - Lion at Denver Serengeti. My 3 year daughter has claimed this as her own card. She loves lions and she says it is just like her toy ones only 'better'. I bet it was hard to hand back that 600mm lens.

Allen Friday - Dry Falls. Great image. Without you telling me what it was I would not have guessed you took the image while looking out.

Anikin - Music in the snow. Looks like a really great day to be out in the snow. What makes people go out and make music like that in the snow? I ask as someone who lives in one of the driest and hottest continents on the planet really has no idea.

Valerie - Houston Art Car parade. I like the positioning of the image with the smoothed edges. Makes me wish I was there.

andrew.vartabedian - Wow from and Engineer who is drawn into images like this. I try not to take many photos like this because my immediate audience (my family) is not interested in such images so I have to restrain myself. I really appreciate the DOF and full tonal range. Thank-you. Also thanks for the current reference of happy winter!

ndrs - Self Portrait. Spectacular image. It is almost like it has been composed from two owing to the dark line about 1/3 the way across from the left. Detail and sharpness without any harshness in my opinion.

hwv - Eiffel Tower. Another picture that says I was there. I wish I was. A destination that is on my wish list.

Nova Scotia - Cold Steel. Title indicates cold but it looks and feels it is far from it. Another card with the full tonal ranges from the brilliant white of the snow to the blacks of the darkest shadows.

Trond - Beach. Simple and intriguing. A very calming photo that would look great blown up to a much larger size.

Once again thanks to everyone who has sent a card to me in this round. As I have mentioned before in past exchanges your cards entertain many more people than just my family. The cards from these exchanges are now becoming something that are being looked forward to by many of the regular visitors to Oxleyroad.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received gordrob's Mt Rundle in Infrared today. Gorgeous scene! Magical in IR. Cold tone developer suits it too. Thanks!

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I received Mark Rewald's shot in the Serengeti. Thi si a great photo! I believe it was a hard task to get everything sharp with a 600 mm lens. Than you.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got Mark's Denver Sengeti this week also. Great shot - as Uwe said - pin sharp on 600mm: outstanding!!
    Apologies to all - work has got in the way of me posting these cards!

Every time I sit down to write up the labels, I get yet another email. . . . . oh gotta go! Another one!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another week or so of cards to comment on.

anikin - A great image of concept artists at play. A nice print balance with the location of the bottom of the trees near a third. Nice tonality in all of the surfaces from the snow to the shadows in the trees.

gordrob - Another great temptation shot to prompt me to pull the last IR films I am hoarding out of the freezer and use them. I might have printed this image with a bit higher contrast, or at least more local contrast; it rings a tad flat to me.

markrewald – a nice ‘3/4 length portrait’ of the lion. I guess you fluked to have it strike such a nice pose, because this subject would not be as amenable to the ‘head a little high’ kind of photographer’s talk. Nice tonality and super example of great texture.

masimix - I enjoy the mood, graininess, and super texture of the paper you have printed this on. All of these factors came together very well to make a most compelling ‘moon and clouds’ photo image.

oxleyroad – Ah, good old beefy real sized Ozzie spiders. A very nice placement, with the web appearing centrally in the print. The out of focus light areas – bokeh if you will; aids in giving the image depth. I can identify with the challenge using up different old paper in one of these exchanges; I do it all the time.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too received Oxleyroad's orb weaver. It is decidedly brown, yet not toned? Well done on old paper which is a favorite pasttime of mine as well; thanks!

Happiness is...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin