Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,659   Online: 870

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    I too received Oxleyroad's orb weaver. It is decidedly brown, yet not toned? Well done on old paper which is a favorite pasttime of mine as well; thanks!
    It was toned, maybe cooked rather than toned! Cold night in the shed (read darkroom) and I left the bleach and toner sitting in a hot water bath for too long, and impatience prevented me from cooling it before using. Oh well.

I have only once made the mistake of throw out old paper, and since getting Mike's postcards on old paper I've sworn never to throw out old paper again. I'll instead try to soup up an appropriate developer to allow me to use to the best it can be

oxleyroad – Ah, good old beefy real sized Ozzie spiders. A very nice placement, with the web appearing centrally in the print. The out of focus light areas – bokeh if you will; aids in giving the image depth. I can identify with the challenge using up different old paper in one of these exchanges; I do it all the time.
    Thanks for your comments. Mike. I have grown up with these big girls and their golden webs are almost as strong as fishing nets. I tell you there is nothing worse than making you way down a footpath (sidewalk) at speed and charging through a web as I used to frequently in my high school days when I delivered papers before breakfast. With a spider almost as big as your hand you really want to know where it is after destroying it's web...
    Last edited by Oxleyroad; 08-28-2011 at 08:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    23/30 rec'd DRPSILVER's A friendly country church today. Nice, almost too perfect. I mean it almost looks like a model of a church, but the flora in the background shows that it has to be real.

Thanks Darwin.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received since my previous update:

anikin, music in the snow. Hey, that looks like xylophones in the snow. Oh, it is, they are! Not something you see (or hear) every day. Well executed, lots of detail in the snow, and it really still looks like snow. I haven't tried often, but I find it hard to get such a subject printed as good as you did. Thanks.
    masimix (31/60), lovely moody shot, and nice paper too. I'll have to read back in this thread to see some more details, but I like what I see!
    markrewald, Denver Serengeti, another great shot. Great detail, and for all I know, this shot was taken in the real Serengeti, no signs at all that you were at the zoo. An interesting way to try out some lenses, a test drive day. I'll be looking out for one of those in my neighbourhood (still talking about a test drive, not a lion!).

I've also received my own card. Counting that one as well, I've received 19 out of 26, not bad, and hopefully more to come.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    24/30. Rec'd gordrob's Mt Rundle IR card today. Very special print that draws the viewer in. Thanks.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry for the long delay, I've been away, then sick, so I'm very late for this exchange !

In the meantime, I've received quite a few cards :

Allen Friday's Dry Falls. Intriguing view of a forest !

andrew.vartabedian's Trestle. I like architecture details, and the symetry works fine for me on this image.

Anikin's Music in the snow. Quite uncommon event, at least for me, to see people playing music outdoors that high !

Kraker's Elmo at the market. Nice capture, really gives the feeling of a Muppett show's image.

ndrs's Self portrait with bricks.

Valerie's Through the gift shop. Interesting car, I like the Brownie look.

HWV's Tour Eiffel. Very dynamic composition for this monument.

DRPSILVER's St Paul's Salt Spring Is. Very classic view of a nice and tiny church. It's always amazing to see that LF shines, even for such small prints !

Oxleyroad's Spider. The old paper feels very good, but the subject matter could be found scary by some people.

Mark Rewald's Denver Serengeti. Very nice portrait of a lion !

Thanks to all !

I hope I'll have selected a negative by the end of the week, and will hopefully print this week also ! (I initially planned on using the new LPL for this, but I still have to find time to build the support for it !)
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hi postcarders,

first of all, thank you for all the really nice postcards I got in this round. I would say this has been one of the best rounds for me since I am in the exchange. If I will find the time, I will post my comments on every card I received, but unfortunately I went through some very busy times in the last few months.

Anyway, the next round of the exchange, which is round 24, just opened the signup booth, come by and signup, it is only a click away: Click!

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all. I am very tardy for this round. So sorry! Life has been very busy lately! I'll get my postcards out by next Saturday. I'm going to send a color shot this time but have to have them printed as I don't print color (yet). I love every card I've recieved! It's always so much fun to see everyones work.
    - Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    06 Sept 2011

While cleaning of my desk I found the following cards:

A card from anikin of two people making music in the snow.
    A photo from kraker of a very interesting market. Looks like they have a little bit of everything.
    The card from Oxleyroad has such detail, and I really like to brown tone (not too much red). Great close-up!

So far this round I am at 28 of 42 cards sent (67%)

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received GordRob's Mt Rundle in infrared. Quite interesting (and deceiving) view. If I do not look at it very carefully, I see something looking like Monument VAlley, with a bank of clouds and then some other mounts in the back...
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have received 27 so far, mine makes it 28. Have you received 28 plus your own?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin