Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,544   Online: 862

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have most of the planned 30 replies for R23. Just Lori and Jake, who have recently posted that their output is coming and maybe a few more. I never fret about getting them all.

I plant 10 vining green beans in the garden every spring beside the trellis. This year only 9 sprouted, and only 8 made it to start vining their way up the sisal I hang for them to latch onto.

But I alway get lots of pleasure from the ones that do get going. I just harvested the first picking off of them this past weekend, and it was like a 4l sized zip lock bag filled with beans.

There will be a similar sized picking every week for the next two weeks until frost kills them in mid to later November.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry for this massive delay in my response.

Here are the cards I've received so far:

hpulley: It was your photo I kept on the top of the other cards, I really like it's colours. Although in B&W terms the contrast might be a bit excessive, I think these vivid colours work really well here.

anikin: Nice winter scene. I guess I'd be rather skiing than playing the xylophone.

George Nova Scotia: I like very much your choice of subject, as well the light. I myself photographed late 19th-early 20th century steam engines and carriages during the summer in an old warehouse, so I was happy to see one on your card.

Trond: Lovely minimalist photo, it got me first thinking about its scale. Also, great tonality.

Mark Rewald: I'm happy to see you had fun with the Canon 600 mm lens. I can't imagine myself using one but it was pretty much mandatory for your photo.

mooseontheloose: This is one lovely photo, Rachelle. I really like not only the composition, but the distinctive halo around the white line. Great job.

rst: An unusually sharp photo from you, Ruediger... I like the simplicity and the nice tonality of this image.

ccross: Thanks for sharing this photo with us, the water feels so plastic I could almost reach out and take a handful out of it.

Roger Thoms: Thanks for telling us more about your process, I believe you've quite a successful combo in your hands.

Dave Martiny: I like the simple harmony of your photo, although I might have tried printing it on a much higher grade to give it a punchy, more graphic look.

drpsilver: A beautiful contact print, it seems I can't spend enough time looking at it.

hwv: A rather unusual, interesting crop of this iconic structure and great tonality, of course.

andrew.vartabedian: I always had a soft spot for beautiful riveted structures, it looks rather indestructible, yet refined at the same time.

ndrs: This photo really works for me, beautiful detail everywhere and the important humorous element: your shadow; but honestly, I think the composition and the interesting play with light could alone make this picture. Well done!

semeuse: I like how dreamlike the cross-processed colours make this photo. Thanks.

masimix: A great image, put together well in the camera. Also, printed on a lovely paper, thanks.

Valerie: A humorous subject, taken one step further by using a Brownie.

Allen Friday: This photo makes me feel like I was there, too. Thanks.
    Last edited by Aron; 09-09-2011 at 07:34 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I apologise for my delay, my cards went in the mail this morning, I hope they'll find their way to your mailboxes soon.

I had great pleasure addressing them, I started to forget how splendid it is to write on the smooth back of FB paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My cards are finally stamped and addressed, so they should start their journey next Monday (I missed the last departure)

I did not include technical details as I usually do, because I hand wrote them (won't do it again ) so here they are :

The negative was shot with my EOS 3 and the EF 85/1.8 lens, on HP5 @ 250 ISO souped in X-Tol 1+1.

All the best !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My cards will be ready on Thursday. Then I have to write on them all so they will be out by the weekend.
    - Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And my cards will be out by next week; why does work always seem to get in the way of the more important things???

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Lori and Nanette looking forward to your cards!!!

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    My cards are finally stamped and addressed, so they should start their journey next Monday (I missed the last departure)
    Laurent, received your seascape yesterday, thanks!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seems like weeks since I got a card so I'm looking forward to the second wave!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Seems like weeks since I got a card so I'm looking forward to the second wave!
    Mine is on it's way !!! Stay tuned
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin