Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,967   Online: 1040

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1418192021222324
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also received Lori's card today and agree that the colours are what makes it! (would like to see more light on the car though...)
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received two more cards yesterday

Mick Fagan - “Tennyson Uniting Church” - an intriguing image with a great back story. The name of the church is a particularly interesting one for us Canadians, because in Canada there is a large church community known as the “United” church that has an important religious and legal role in Canada’s history

lorifrommontana
    - “Sunset & the Neighbour’s Car” - great idea, well seen and recorded. Nice use too of the flexibility in the rules for the Postcard Exchange

Both were more than worth waiting for!

Twenty-seven down, just one (bascom49 - hope he is okay) yet to come

Thanks to everyone for participating.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I also received Lori's card today. Thank you very much! Love the car and the sky!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dear all, I’m extremely sorry about the very, very long delay in getting this postcard to all of you. I printed these cards in the first week of acceptance for participants, in anticipation of being waylaid a bit with some medical tests. Well the tests came, but my ability to do things went out the door so fast, I thought a premature end might have been not too far away.

Only now am I coming out of the miasma that enveloped me last year, last Month I was allowed to go inside the darkroom as no further critical tests are scheduled.

I will probably be sitting out the next round or two, then maybe I’ll be back.

I have enjoyed all the cards that arrived in my letterbox for this round, many thanks to you all for being so patient.

Mick.

Ps:- it's a thyroid problem flaring up again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Mick,

I wish you all the best for the next future. We hope to see you healthy soon.
    --
    Uwe from Germany.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got Lori and Mick's cards too, thanks!

Best wishes to all.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two cards for round 23 received over the past few weeks:

Mick Fagan, "Tennyson Uniting Church". In one word: WOW! A great print, very sharp, great detail, excellent handling of the contrast, the almost white church, the dark foreground, the shadow on the church, not to mention the sky ("What about the sky?" "I told you not to mention it"). Certainly worth the wait.
    lorifrommontana, "Sunset & the Neighbor’s Car", also a great photo worth the wait. The subtle lines of the car, only just visible against the dark foreground, combined with the colourful sky: well done!

Thanks, both!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And two more for me for the round, which got me to the 99% mark with only one card I didn't receive.

• Lori's "Sunset" - great to see another colour image
    • Mick's "Tennyson Uniting Chirch" - love the texture and detail in those peeling boards.

Nice surprise for me to find when moving.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two cards received:
    • lorirfrommontana: Sunset and car. Great colors and outline of the car.
    • Mick Fagan: The Tennyson Uniting Church. Good photo of an interesting building with lots of details.

Thanks!

Trond

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Lorirfrommontana's sunset car is in. Arrived about the middle of Jan. I have been a bit lax in getting timely notes out as the cards come in.

Great colour print. And as a bonus, but not much use to me, the stamp was unfranked.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin