Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,697   Posts: 1,549,090   Online: 1101

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    13 Jun 2011

To All:

Unless a miracle occurs, or I get a bunch of darkroom time, my cards will not be out until mid-July. A combination of a planned vacation/wedding, computer problems, and commitments to other organizations has made me late for the last two rounds. This has got to change! Maybe in Round #24 will be better.

Regards,
    Darwin
    I can only speak for myself, but nor worries on being late, just send them out when you can. I am still receiving cards from round 22 which is cool as far as I'm concerned.

Hey wait a minute, I just checked and mid July is still on time, the schedule is print June/July and breather August and then I assume signup round #24 in Sept. Just make sure you get printed and mailed in time to sign up for round #24.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too will be delivering later than usual - currently on holiday and working in Australia until late July/early August.
    Until I return to BKK, I won't be able to comment on any cards, but will ensure that's one the very first things to be done when I get home.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Received Jim's "Pinky & I" had to look at a bit to figure it out. Interesting perspective with camera leaned over, isn't that a 6x6? Nice highlights on the metal.

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yesterday I got the first two cards from this round: Kris's "House of Refuge", an interesting colour shot, and Roger Thoms's Yard Office: Well seen and nice grey values. Thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    Received Jim's "Pinky & I" had to look at a bit to figure it out. Interesting perspective with camera leaned over, isn't that a 6x6? Nice highlights on the metal.

Roger

Yes it is 6x6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    a nice bunch in the box today:

Roger Thoms' "Yard Office," great tonal values - the KB25 (one of my new favorites) and pyrocat work well together

Jim Rollinger's "Pinky & I," a fun image that makes you think

and Mike Wilde's "What's with the envelope?" - three images! While "Stage and Shanty" and "Queen Anne's Lunch" are wonderful, "Overcast Spring Day Walk" is amazing - the ancient (how ancient? 1950s?) Ansco Indiatone really carries the feel, great work

Kris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semeuse View Post
    Mike Wilde's ancient (how ancient? 1950s?) Ansco IndiatoneKris
    I'm really not sure. I was gifted 1000 sheets of 5x7 Indiatone a couple of years ago, and packaged it up to interested apugers for the cost of reimbursed postage.

The original case had an address label on the box of GAF Canada in Cooksville, which is a predcessor community to the City I live in now.

I have asked some people I work with who have lived here all of their lives, and none who were native to the Cooksville area in the late 60's onwards knew of this business location.

One guy I queried actualy worked for Braun at thier Canadian import distributor in Cooksville as a youngish teenager in the early 70s shipping razors and flashguns, and cannot ever recall any Ansco /GAF competitors being mentioned as being in the area.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received Kris Haggblom's Wtachtower today, very nice landscape, with great tones and a grain that really helps the image.

I also received Mike Wilde's envelope with three prints in it. Three very nice prints, I really like the Stage and Shanty one, makes me want to stand there and fish. Queen Anne's lunch is also very nice, but my favourite is "Overcast spring day walk". The old paper looks very nice, and I'd really love to go up the river and see what's after the bend.

Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My first cards in from Mike Wilde. I look forward to this pack of images on old papers coming each round. I particularly enjoyed image two on the old Ansco Indiatone paper. Looks like many of the images that my grandparents had only this one was printed now.

Thanks Mike.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Second card arrived today. Noonan building from Roger R. Thoms. Such ultra fine grain. Love the vertical door in the horizontal weather boards.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin