Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,881   Posts: 1,520,510   Online: 827

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Fifth card arrived from J Rollinger - Pinky & I during last week. It was not until last night I realized the picture was not taken vertically. Could have worked this out if I had of read through this thread in detail . The fact that this picture has had me regularly looking at and trying to figure which way it is meant to be works in making sure the picture gets regular viewing. I like this sort of image.

Thanks Jim.

I will be taking a day off work mid month where I will get my cards done, and then in the post within a week. I just hope the domestic job sheet on the fridge does not grow so much that the darkroom time suffers.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've received quite a few cards over the past month but have been remiss in commenting on them.

Three interesting abstract photos from J Rollinger, c.w., and Dave Martiny. The latter two are nice complements to each other, and I just can't understand Jim's card, which is why I like it.

I also like the gritty, moody nature of semeuse's "The Watchtower at Gilbert's Bar". Continuing on the water theme, my favorite of Mike Wilde's three cards is "Overcast spring day walk" printed on old Indiatone paper, which has a multiple split toning look with all the greys and blues. I'm really need to try out the batch that he sent me.

Two great 5x7's arrived today -- Rudiger's "No Bikes" and Sandra's "Guardian Angel". Rudiger -- I guess bikes are not allowed, but beers are? I also really like the feel of the Adox fineprint -- I may have to try that at some point in the future. Sandra - cemetery statuary is a favorite subject of mine and I really like this one -- she seems sad but a little menacing as well.

Last, but certainly not least, is Roger Thoms' "Yard Office". I like the simplicity of the image which really reminds of a lot of old buildings back in my hometown.

And in other news...my cards are finally printed! I was in Tokyo for a conference and finally got into a darkroom (a great place called "Place M Tokyo Darkroom") for the first time in a year and a half. It was really great to be working in the darkroom again and I can't wait for my next trip up north for another session (that won't be until November unless I can find an enlarger before then). I just need to finish labelling them but they should be out by the end of the week.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got three in the mail today!

Dave's untitled with orientaion instructions, great texture to it.

Sandra's Guardian Angel. I could use one! Love the eyes of the statue.

And Rudiger's "No bikes". But beer parking is OK

Thanks everyone!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This arrived about a week ago, CW's Quansit in Snow. Took me a bit to figure out what it was, at first saw a spill way and lots of foaming water, then the snow and galvanized steel popped into focus. This is a great abstract shot whit particularly nice snow.

I also waited to thank everyone for the comments on my card, it's great to hear the feedback. The "Yard Office was particularly fun because I also sent one to a friend who has her studio in that building, and she got a real kick out of it.

Roger
    Last edited by Roger Thoms; 07-05-2011 at 01:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I received Sandra Wittmann's Ange gardien. The 'pose' is very nice, and very well captured. The limited DOF gives expressionto the statue, and so do the delicate tones.

Rüediger's findings in sleeping Heidelberg. Intriguing image, with shallow DOF, and very nice details. I love the paper's feel and the toning.

Danke schön !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got Jim's Pinky & I today. Even expecting the orientation from this thread it took me a while! Thanks.

And, my cards are in the mail at last though they said the strike has things 2-3 weeks backed up so I don't know when you'll see them. I hope they all arrive OK and before September.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Rüediger's findings in sleeping Heidelberg. Intriguing image, with shallow DOF, and very nice details. I love the paper's feel and the toning.

Danke schön !
    Rüediger's card is number 6 for me. And I have to agree with Laurent's comments. Can't think of anything else myself. Brilliant!
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Received ccross card today, a very cool contact print from a paper negative. The paper negative gives the image a nice quality, good job Craig!!!

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got Craig's contact print of a paper negative of water today as well, thanks! 6 ISO is a nice way to get smooth water shots without stacking ND filters, that's for sure!

Happiness is...

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have recieved........- Rudiger's enigmatic sign and bottle
    -Sandra's dreamy angel
    -Uwe's dreamlike infrared landscape...a pleasantly subtle IR effect which doesn't hit you over the head for a change
    -Another quality three card rhumba from Mike Wilde.The warmtoned picture of the creek is my favourite.
    Thanks again to you all!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin