Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,026   Online: 908

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey, guys. I know I'm not in this round but a thanks is owed and it is owed here.

Craig sent me a postcard, an spare he had made up. He found my address and thought of me and the children. It's a beautiful contact print from a paper 4x5 neg. The stream has great motion, fine angel hair spilling over the rocks. It's a beautiful image and a more beautiful sentiment.

Thanks a lot, Chris. (Gotcha)
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got Craigs contact print a few day ago. A very interesting shot indeed! The flowing water comes out very well. Thank you!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    two more cards this week.

Ruediger's "No Bikes" is a beautifully printed study. Glad to know there will be no drunken bicyclists careening around Heidelberg

Craig's wonderful contact print from a paper negative - fantastic detail.

Thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards are now all on their way. The Canadian ones were mailed from Canada, while the US and international ones were mailed from the US.

I hope the International cards get there, because it looks to me like I was working on incorrect postage info to start, and then the correction I received at the postal outlet was itself incorrect
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Craig's off-kilter contact print today. The black border really makes the image stand out. I like the soft quality of this photo, and if I didn't know any better I would think that the water was someone's freakishly long hair. ;-)
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got CWs Quansit in Snow on Friday, thanks! Love the sharpness and contrast of the PanF+. The black border works well on this one.

I also got George Richards' Cold Steel. Looks like a great place for shooting, I'd take short cuts too! Thanks.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So far I have received 9 cards! This is my first postcard exchange, and I am disappointed every day there is no card in the mail box...

The first one to arrive was piu98's kayak photo, which reminds me that I have to do more canoeing this season.

The next one is an incredibly funny card from Jim Rollinger, of himself, his cat and his camera.

The third one is from Kris Haggblom, the first and so far only colour photograph. A beach which looks very cold and windy for some reason. Perhaps because of the cross processing.

Mike Wilde sent an envelope containing three photos. I especially like the one printed on Ansco Indiatone paper. The scene suits the fogged paper very well.

Then came the "Yard Office" from Roger R. Thoms, an interesting photograph and very well printed too.

C.W. sent a card titled "Quansit in snow". I had too look up "Quansit". Interesting. An enjoyable image of repeating circular shapes, textures and the black against the white.

From Dave Martiny an image of something which looks like a lot of pipes. A very dynamic photo.

Rüdiger has sent a lovely photograph titled "Sunday morning news." A quiet and well printed image which I like a lot.

The last one to arrive, so far, is from Craig Cross, and is of moving water. Contact printed from a paper negative, something which I haven't tried for many years, which I should perhaps try again.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards are finally ready for the mail. This is the first reason I have had a reason to fire up my new Thermaphot processor, acquired very cheaply some time ago. Very useful piece of equipment for postcards.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Today's been a great day : I got my ne (to me) enlarger and 3 cards :

Rachelle's Tiger's nest monestary. Great composition with the line of flags driving te eye to the impressive building. The IR effect is very light but really helps the picture as the trees look lighter.

HPulley's A bit young for coffee. Color image, with lovely tones, it looks like a vintage print.

Ccross's moving water. The abstract view works very well for me, and the sense of movement is well carried.

Thanks !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A card from hpulley arrived today. The second colour photograph to arrive. Lots of detail and interesting muted colours. Makes me want to try out some colour printing again!

Trond

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin