Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,047   Online: 980

Page 1 of 24 123456711 ... LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images

Postcard Exchange Round 23 - Comments and Feedback

Hi all,

Again, as in previous rounds, let us move from the sign-up thread to this thread to collect comments, feedback, being-late-announcements and my-cards-are-in-the-mail-messages.

I am looking forward to this new round and I hope that everybody will have fun.

Cheers
    Ruediger

And here is again the list of this rounds participants:

Allen Friday (MAX)
    andrew.vartabedian (MAX)
    anikin (MAX)
    Aron (25)
    Azzy (15)
    bascom49 (MAX)
    Black Dog (MAX)
    brchambe (MAX)
    c.w. (15)
    ccross (MAX)
    Dave Martiny (40)
    djhopscotch (25)
    drpsilver (MAX)
    George Nova Scotia (MAX)
    gordrob (30)
    gurkenprinz (30)
    hpulley (MAX)
    hwv (MAX)
    ignatiu5 (25)
    J Rollinger (30)
    kraker (25)
    labcoat (12)
    Laurent (MAX)
    lorirfrommontana (MAX)
    markrewald (MAX)
    masimix (MAX)
    MattKing (28)
    Mick Fagan (MAX)
    Mike Wilde (30)
    mooseontheloose (MAX)
    ndrs (MAX)
    Oxleyroad (30)
    ozphoto (25)
    piu58 (25)
    rai (25)
    Roger Thoms (MAX)
    rst (40)
    semeuse (MAX)
    Sweettea (25)
    swittmann (20)
    threemilesfinal (15)
    Tim Gray (MAX)
    Trond (MAX)
    Valerie (MAX)

And the extra addresses for those with some spare cards:

Sean Ross
    P.O. Box 478
    Whangaparaoa
    Hibiscus Coast
    New Zealand

Simon Galley
    HARMAN Technology Ltd
    Town Lane
    Mobberley, Knutsford
    Cheshire, WA16 7JL
    United Kingdom

Brad Kruchten
    President Film Products Group
    Eastman Kodak Company
    343 State Street
    Rochester, New York 14650
    USA
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still trying to decide between B&W or RA-4 first...
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    now which photo...hmmmm

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well my cards are printed, must be so kind of record for me. Of course I still have to get the cards addreseses and in the mail. Also I might tone the prints, so I still might be late.

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As I wrote in the Sign-on thread, my cards are ready and sent out. I hope you enjoy them.

A little was bit too fast, I guess. I got a slight adress change from Rachelle Meilleur. Dear Rachelle, if you dont receive the card in two or three weeks, please mail me. I'll sent out an other card.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Negative chosen, 16 postcards printed so far... 1/3 of the way to the MAX I guess! Am printing 4 at a time now so shouldn't take too much longer if I can get back down to the darkroom again today.

Still need to do the mailing labels however and check how many stamps I have. Canada may have a postal strike, just 'rolling' so far so I hope to get them in the mail soon before there is a full blown strike :-(

Happiness is...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Negative chosen, 16 postcards printed so far... 1/3 of the way to the MAX I guess! Am printing 4 at a time now so shouldn't take too much longer if I can get back down to the darkroom again today.

Still need to do the mailing labels however and check how many stamps I have. Canada may have a postal strike, just 'rolling' so far so I hope to get them in the mail soon before there is a full blown strike :-(
    4 at a time seems slow. Once I got my exposure and contrast dailed in I exposed 50 sheets then processed in batches of 10. About halfway through I processed 1 sheet just to make sure everything was still good. This round I printed on RC paper which also saved a lot of time, so much so that I think I'll tone the prints.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    4 at a time seems slow. Once I got my exposure and contrast dailed in I exposed 50 sheets then processed in batches of 10. About halfway through I processed 1 sheet just to make sure everything was still good. This round I printed on RC paper which also saved a lot of time, so much so that I think I'll tone the prints.

Roger
    If I even try 5 at a time it seems I end up with 2 stuck together at least partially in the developer and then instead of 4 good prints I have 3 good ones and two ruined ones So while 4 at a time is slow it is better than wasting paper. I don't usually do more than one at a time so unfortunately my shuffling technique is not very good; the postcard exchange is the only time I print this many of the same negative. This is especially tough with a #13 safelight, very hard to see.

33 done (not including rejects ), 14 to go (44 plus 3 extras) though I will probably print 16 more and hopefully get at least 14 more good ones out of them.

I find my dodging technique also somehow gets worse when I do more than one at a time. I guess I become impatient/bored but I want to finish this up soon as I don't want to change the framing/cropping of my shot if possible.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    As I wrote in the Sign-on thread, my cards are ready and sent out. I hope you enjoy them.

A little was bit too fast, I guess. I got a slight adress change from Rachelle Meilleur. Dear Rachelle, if you dont receive the card in two or three weeks, please mail me. I'll sent out an other card.
    Uwe, I think it'll be alright -- I'm the only foreigner living in this neighbourhood so if they can't figure out the card is for me, then this isn't the Japan that I know. I'll definitely let you know either way though!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like Tom Cruise in 'The Last Samurai'...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 1 of 24 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin