Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,838   Online: 804

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I received Thimbles from Matt King. A very fine photo, real good tones and color by toning. Thank you.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Got Guus' interior of an office building and Matt's thimbles, interesting compositions.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    15 (+1) Postcards are in the South African Postal system...sorry for the delay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received Brian's very fine, neatly composed card and a special one from Anikin which made me feel like a young boy again, who's trying to figure out what the world looks like through a kaleidoscope. It was great fun, not only for me, but also for my friends.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two cards received during the last few days. MattKings "Thimbles", nice detail from a ferry, and it makes me think about sailing. Also Anikin's 3D experiment, which actually works. Very cool!

Thanks,
    Trond

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This week I received card 8, Matt King's Thimbles. Love this shot, composition end tone
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My gathering of comments on prints from the 'waiting for coments shelf' that have arrived at my place in the last week or so:

Drpsilver – Bird Tree- I like the nice pattern of the clouds, which seem to sympathetically support the angular shape of this distorted tree. The image is sharp from foreground to the back of where we expect there would be sharpness. My only minor quibble is in seeing the boat on the right edge of the frame. A small shift in the taking position would have masked this and removed any ‘hand of man’ from this frame. The print tones, as set in the darkroom exposure and selection paper grade are great.

FotoGys - Architecturally inspired interior scene- A very nice subject (but I would not want to be the cleaner responsible for it). It is nicely framed, with the curvy column anchoring the right side of the print. I enjoy the clean tones and paper contrast selected in making the print. I think they are quite pleasing.

MattKing -Thimbles – A nice tack sharp macro shot. I like how you have framed it to partially cut of a part of the upper and lower elements of the progressively rising set of cable anchors in this scene. The toning gives good shadow density, and, I think, brings out the sheen of the wire rope very well in the print.

MarkBarent – Concern- Apart from the modern hard hat, this image could have been captured any time within the last 100- 150 years. The blur of motion works well in the otherwise static scene. The scene is nicely lit by virtue of your selection of camera position or perhaps just a bit of luck. The print has a good balance of featureless shadows and featureless sky, with just the right bit of tonal information in between.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Howdy all,

'bout time I post what I have - not a lot thus far, but I am sure we will come home with a full head of steam (considering I haven't sent mine out yet)......
    Mike Wild - I have three from him, making most of the postage - Marion Bridge, Monck Road Homestead and First Dip. I quite like the old homestead. Quite different to what you see around here! The first dip also tells a good story.

RST - Alien Lamps - Interesting composition. I must admit, that I wouldn't have seen this if I was looking at the same scene. I'm glad that you did, though!

Jim Rollinger - The Bean - I love it, a group of boys doing what boys do best. Reminds me of a building in my area...hmmm, I must go and photograph that on a lazy Sunday afternoon

markbarent - Concern - I know that look! Nicely caught, just at the right moment. Hope they got the train going again

James Dean - Baby Charlotte - Very nice done. Love those little faces!

As for mine, I have 20 out of the 25 printed. Hopefully, I should get the last negative sorted on the weekend and in the post early next week

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received a great surreal photograph from mooseontheloose today. A strange landscape with balloons and temples, which I like a lot.

Thanks,
    Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've been late on commenting the latest cards I received...

In the last two weeks I got :

Brian Chambers Museum of Glass. Intriguing architecture !

Matt King's Thimbles. I like mechanical details and this one is very nice. The rythm and textures work well.

MooseOnTheLoose Sunrise over Bagan. The IR effect makes the image almost unreal.

Thanks !!
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin