Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,308   Online: 842

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Received Sunrise Over Bagan from Mooseontheloose. Great card, thank you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It is the first time I see a real HIE print. Thank you MooseOnTheLoose for your Sunrise over Bagan!
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am slow to get off the starters blocks, but my prints now one, and will be addressed up tomorrow and all things being equal will be in the post Tuesday

I'll comment on the cards received after I have go mine in the post.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Received and almost ready to send

Since my last update I have received:

One card from round 20,
    One card from round 23, and...
    One card from round 24:

mooseontheloose, Sunrise over Bagan. Good to see you are still not out of HIE, and are still putting it to excellent use. A great picture, Rachelle, thanks. The paper is also quite nice, as is the stamp and the extra sticker.

I finally managed to print my cards for this round. Two different cards this time, two different negatives each printed on a different paper. The Ilford Postcards are dry and flat; the other half, printed on old Agfa Brovira fibre based paper has curled up upon drying. These will have to spend a few days under a big stack of heavy books, but I hope to be able to send all cards within a week.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am the same. I have been a bit slow though off the mark for the updates as the cards have come in.

1. Trotkiller from round 20,
    2. Brian Chambers from round 23

and from this round (so many hand written cards)

Mike Wilde - Another fabulous 3 pictures on old paper
    Mooseontheloose - Sunrise over Bangan
    Fotogys - The interior of the office. I went to another building "Kunsthaus Wien" Vienna several years ago and it was just like this picture, barely a right angle in the building!
    Piu58 - Spectacular picture.
    RST - Stehcafe. Such a robust photgraphic paper weight/density. I have several packets of the ADOX fine print, but I am yet to use it. This print shows me that I must.
    Jim Rollinger - The Bean. Fantastic
    markbarent - Concern. We have a DVD here at home that my 5 year old has almost worn the image off by watching so many times of the Durango and Silvertown railway, so when he saw this postcard He imediate words were this is the train off the TV!

Thanks everyone. All very special. Mine will go out at the end of the week.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After the *big wet* here in BKK, I'm finally back from spending the past few weeks in Northern Thailand, and the mailbox had some gems waiting for me:

Rachelle's Sunrise over Bagan - wonderful feeling and on one of my favourite films too!
    Brian's Museum of Glass - I love architectural photography and I'd love to shoot this one myself. (Round 23)
    Matt's Thimbles - after reading some of the reports here, I was expecting the sewing type! Great shot - I enjoy shooting details like this as well.
    Mark's Concern - Steam trains - love them!
    Darwin's Bird Tree - I can feel that bark just looking at this shot! Another favourite subject for me.

I'm off to the PO tomorrow - reliably informed it has dried out and no longer flooded!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone for the comments so far! I myself have a love-hate relationship with my card for this round, so I'll keep my comments to myself for now.

A few more to comment on:

I love Eugene's 3D card -- very unique and the effect works well for me!
    Fotogys' building interior is really interesting and at first didn't know which way was up! It works either way.
    Matt King's "Thimbles" is also not what I was expecting but I like it a lot.
    And finally, Ricus' Pampass Grass #8 arrived over the weekend, and it's been great to hold a lith print in my hand again -- I can't imagine doing it for a postcard exchange! But the treatment works well with the subject here, and I like the colour you've achieved as well.

Thanks guys!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another two cards arrived today.

DRPSILVER - bird tree. I feel as if I am standing beside you looking at this tree.
    MattKing - thimbles. Great borderless print. Just like a bought postcard was my wife's comment, oh and why don't your postcards look like this... Was her second comment.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got Rachelle's Sunrise over Bagan, love it! A magical landscape, the buildings and balloons, the grain...

Sorry I am so slow this round, almost late so I must print something. Just going through a phase, not loving my negatives at the moment But I will pick something. My Polaroid idea didn't go so well so I shall make prints.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My cards finally in the post. Look out everyone.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin